My Collection

844john

some 1/16 scale, many of these have worked hundreds of square yards of soil and sand many moons ago, as can be seen by the splayed wheels, paint chips, peeling decals and dirt, but I wouldn't swap them for the world ! :)

WP_20170810_14_40_22_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20170810_14_38_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20170810_14_34_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20170810_14_30_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

Nice selection of 16ths John :),  Ertl's range of tractors really take some beating for durability, some of the castings are pretty good too, i think they cottoned on to this as over the years they've got more and more collector orientated, like the JD Key series, and the Prestige versions, Thanks for sharing your high houred classics, There is another big fan of 16th scale on the forum, called ErtlErik, and he has a rather nice collection too :) 

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Thank you Paul, you're right about the old Ertl stuff, it certainly took some use and abuse over the years! When you look at the Snoopy for example, the one I played with as a boy is still quite an accurate model of the real thing, but when you compare it to the Precision Key one then it has been taken to a completely different level. In fact, for my money some of the best and most detailed models out there are from the Ertl Precision series, both in 16th and 32nd scale, and for build-quality combined with intricate detail I still don't think anything comes close, just my opinion of course ;) I have seen ErtlErik's posts over the years, you are right, very niceB)

• Like 1

I'd forgotten just how fiddly they are to do, one or two bits had fallen off such as steering wheels, drag arms and such and gluing them back on was a bit of a challenge. Then again, maybe my fingers aren't as slim and dexterous as they used to be ! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...