International Harvester 74 series

9 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Im having paupetations over this build 

Ild love to do one myself i realy would u are very skilled john  if u ever want to make one up to offload il buy one off you its stunning simply stunning

P.s are you on the facebook page 

Ihgb4cylinder page theres a load of ih worldwde series tractors on there john and they would love to see your build  realy wish i had your skills ild have a 674 475 and 454 ha ha! 

thanks Nigel, no I'm afraid I'm not on facebook, FTF is the limit of my dabbling in social media!:D As for doing some more, well, I suppose never say never!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

She's looking great John :) but the big question is are you still enjoying the build?  As Stan (SPN) mentioned about wheels,  if needed there is a pair of UH ford 5000 wheels and tyres sat within arms reach of me as i type this, so give us a shout if it's the road you decide to go ;)

Thank you Paul, actually, yes, I am still thoroughly enjoying the build, my biggest worry now is that I don't spoil it when I put the paint on, will certainly have to wait for some better weather first. As for the wheels, I've not had a chance to look at what's available yet but I like the sound of the uh ones, I might just be giving you a shout yet!:)

23 hours ago, 844john said:

Thank you Paul, actually, yes, I am still thoroughly enjoying the build, my biggest worry now is that I don't spoil it when I put the paint on, will certainly have to wait for some better weather first. As for the wheels, I've not had a chance to look at what's available yet but I like the sound of the uh ones, I might just be giving you a shout yet!:)

No bother John, Glad your still enjoying the build so far :), PM replied to as well ;)

It's all starting to get a bit fiddley for me now, front axle track rods added, lift pump, alternator and fan belt fitted to engine, rear linkage fitted with stabiliser check chains. You wouldn't believe how much of a test of eye sight it is drilling a hole through 1.5mm hex rod to pass a wire through!:blink::D

WP_20180106_15_57_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20180106_15_57_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20180106_15_58_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180106_15_59_31_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180106_15_59_55_Pro.jpg

On 1/4/2018 at 7:02 PM, 844john said:

she's getting there, still undecided about wheels at the moment, but I won't mention that, I know wheels are often a subject of major controversy here!:D

Pete Hardy,( convo ) on here does these for JCB's,but I think JCB use smaller wheels than standard tractors,??

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/19002-132-farming-models/?page=18

Regards

Joe.

Convo JCB wheels.jpeg

10 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Pete Hardy,( convo ) on here does these for JCB's,but I think JCB use smaller wheels than standard tractors,??

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/19002-132-farming-models/?page=18

Regards

Joe.

Convo JCB wheels.jpeg

Thanks Joe, probably thinking of going down the UH Ford 5000 road front and back:) Have managed to get hold of some rears courtesy of Paul, just looking for some fronts now:)

Sorry for not replying everyone, I haven't been able to get on here for a few days, I assumed it was a problem with the forum but it appears not! Anyway, a bit more done on her, wheels added courtesy of Valley Axe Man, many thanks again Paul!

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, IH885XLMAN said:

With your permision could i post ur pics on the ih facebook page there are loads of fans and they would love your creation john 

No Problem Nigel, hope it doesn't disappoint

34 minutes ago, Old Ford said:

Oh John fantastic work, was one of the first tractors i drove many years ago. Well done , now 3d print loads  and i'd buy one please  :-)

Thank you! I learnt to drive on my first tractor which was a Dexta, progressing up through a nash  275, 276 until eventually id saved enough pennies to buy a 454, and what a revelation that was! For me, these 74 series Nashes were a fantastic tractor and even now I still enjoy driving them (but I soon miss my air con, air seats and other such modern trappings!) As for the 3D printer, if only....:D

Archived