Coppice Acre Farm

Ferret90

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Thats really good, I don't think you've gone over the top with the muck at all.

Thanks joe :) 

11 hours ago, mb86 said:

It looks great Ted, think you've got the right amount of muck in there for a byre that's been mucked out but not washed out yet, mind if it's loose housing it wants some straw in before the cattle go in ;) . Fergy and scraper look brilliant too. 

Cheers Martin, yes I've been using a bit of plumbers hemp for straw but it looks too fluffy like it hasn't got enough weight in it

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I think that looks spot on Ted, the rusty colour of the metal work is excellent, the Fergie is too!

Cheers John, I found a new technique for the rsj rusty colour, I mixed some Humbrol Matt red with pigments same with the fergie :) 

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Some good weathering skill there Ted, really looks good as others have said, but maybe one detail i would add if being picky about the job would be a can of Sniff for the fergy.....:D;) i was at a sale about 2 months ago with 3 fergy 35's in and they each had a can of sniff in the toolbox.... must not like starting on a morning ;)

Haha, I'll try and make some :D I often have a whiff of that gets me going on a cold morning

8 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Some good weathering skill there Ted, really looks good as others have said, but maybe one detail i would add if being picky about the job would be a can of Sniff for the fergy.....:D;) i was at a sale about 2 months ago with 3 fergy 35's in and they each had a can of sniff in the toolbox.... must not like starting on a morning ;)

Here you go Paul....IMG_6200.thumb.JPG.c7a8e38ac93ed0ce6650cbcd4746f6e5.JPG

22 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Thanks joe :) 

Cheers Martin, yes I've been using a bit of plumbers hemp for straw but it looks too fluffy like it hasn't got enough weight in it

Cheers John, I found a new technique for the rsj rusty colour, I mixed some Humbrol Matt red with pigments same with the fergie :) 

Hi Ted, might have a solution to scale straw. If you can grab some Timothy grass that's gone to or past seed flatten the stem with your thumb & then you can split it with your thumb nail against forefinger (a swift action best). Chop to length (hours of fun!). Right colour from the off.

20190818_083746.jpg

20190818_084509.jpg

20190818_084522.jpg

2 hours ago, Awdmac said:

Hi Ted, might have a solution to scale straw. If you can grab some Timothy grass that's gone to or past seed flatten the stem with your thumb & then you can split it with your thumb nail against forefinger (a swift action best). Chop to length (hours of fun!). Right colour from the off.

That's a brilliant idea paddy, I'll go and get some when it has dried out and give it a go. It looks nice and course unlike the stuff I have been using! :) 

also had an idea about muck, working on the same idea as my straw, so paint has been sourced and items cut up, had the straw to do first, but i may do a muck mix later, if i get time, as i dont need as much , but i suspect it will work, better than my sheets i made for the pig stye 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a bit of a rethink with the 2nd yard.  I've got a different board and doing the tracks as the old one wasn't big enough. I'm trying to go for a slightly muddy yard and I'm going to have an overgrown part behind the cow shed with lots of junk ha ha :) 

IMG_9102.thumb.JPG.a35c53dd81b401d70685412c285338e0.JPGIMG_9101.thumb.JPG.f6cf2900a496593fefa6029eeb098b1e.JPG

liking that a lot, how have you done the mud area? i used brown clay for my tracks , but it takes ages to dry, and cracks as well,so needs filling etc before its ready, bonus is it takes tyres marks etc nicely, but yours does look easier maybe ? 

1 hour ago, Dusty Dan said:

Love all your work.

Cheers Corky :)

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

liking that a lot, how have you done the mud area? i used brown clay for my tracks , but it takes ages to dry, and cracks as well,so needs filling etc before its ready, bonus is it takes tyres marks etc nicely, but yours does look easier maybe ? 

I used mod roc plaster bandage and newspaper for the height in some places Sean. It doesn't take long to dry but I would say the clay is better for tire marks. but then you have to paint it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived