Coppice Acre Farm

Ferret90

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, greenhamrd said:

This diorama is just brilliant - definitely inspiring me to try to create some authentically weathered buildings. 

Cheers mate, go for it!

16 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Absolutely amazing mate 

Thank you Sam :) 

9 hours ago, 844john said:

That looks brilliant Ted...you can almost smell it!

haha, cheers John :lol:

1 hour ago, Dusty Dan said:

Superb work 

Thank you Corky :) 

9 hours ago, Kirely said:

It takes patience and a lot of skill to produce work like this.

Cheers Kieran, very kind :) There seems to be a lot of trial and error, I’ve been trying to get the stone right for ages but I think I have finally mastered it. I’ve recently got into the older stuff and hoping to aim my collection more that way. I must say, the quality of the other dioramas on here is stunning 

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

mastered the stone work, i would say you have been picturing real ones and photoshopping them :D i have not got even close to that level of finish on my stone buildings , whilst its ok, its nothing like yours quality wise 

No Sean ,yours is spot on mate, I’ve nicked quite a few ideas from you haha:lol:. It’s good we can all share ideas and see how other people have done it. The stone is plaster, soil and glue with layers of washes ontop of plastic sheeting 

14 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

The model farm building master right here. Exceptional work as always ted. Reminds me of my late 90s early 00s childhood shadowing my grandad around farms that had similar buildings when he was contracting. Very common sight around Cheshire them sort of buildings. 

Thank you Sam, very kind :) really appreciate all the feedback I’m getting! I’ve based it on the barns around Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset but there seems to be quite a few up the country the same style. I’m trying to redo a lot of my barns to make it look like a much older farm and not as many new buildings as there are a lot of farms round me that haven’t changed much. 

On 2/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Cracking work Ted :)

On 2/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, alf aphid said:

Had missed thi for a few weeks, Ted you have a real talent here, I think some of the best buildings I’ve seen 

Thank you lads , very much appreciated :)

7 hours ago, 844john said:

You've really got the hang of this roofing Ted, it looks excellent! Actually, we have a shed here that could do with re roofing if you fancy a bigger project;)

Cheers John, haha , I think I’ll pass on that one! I’m hoping the gale force winds we have down here won’t blow them off:lol:

4 hours ago, Kirely said:

That's painstaking work.

It sure is but it’s quite therapeutic sometimes. I’ve decided to measure out the tile length on this one so hoping that might save me a bit of time as when you put one down that’s slightly too small/big it throws the rest of the slates out above :)

Archived