Britains 2019

ford man

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

One32 on Facebook has posted that the new 8RX will be released mid December,  and also in the Britains Prestige range will be a Case Quadtrac 580, which is due next week.

Yes just saw that, £69 for a Britains Prestige tractor is a big price though.  Really does feel that prices have leaped higher recently.  

39 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

the 8rx tomy said was march/april must be a standard release one then that I heard about,yeah ouch £69.00 

It says very limited quantity, so assuming its ahead of the march/april release, maybe leftovers from Hannover?

I'm assuming the Quadtrac is a reboxed Ertl, though would be interested if it had the EU marker boards etc.

7 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

It says very limited quantity, so assuming its ahead of the march/april release, maybe leftovers from Hannover?

I'm assuming the Quadtrac is a reboxed Ertl, though would be interested if it had the EU marker boards etc.

funny you mention the marker boards Joe,and off topic,but wiking forgot those on their jd 9620rx

• 3 weeks later...

The Farm model database says that the 8rx is an unlimited release. It does look good from the limited pictures I was able to find. Does anyone have more background on this model. I wonder what is up with the price being about twice that of a normal Britains model. 

13 minutes ago, Skunkworks said:

The Farm model database says that the 8rx is an unlimited release. It does look good from the limited pictures I was able to find. Does anyone have more background on this model. I wonder what is up with the price being about twice that of a normal Britains model. 

I think these maybe the prestige variant, Brushwood for example have it at ages 14+, still a bit pricey though.

Ok, I am answering my own question. The lights are actually plastic, no stickers here. Also the engine bonnet is metal and it seems like the roof is metal too. The overall paint application is fantastic. The only inconsistancy is the rear linkage which is still plastic for some reason, as the front linkage is metal.

And for Bluegreen that posted about the front links nuts being painted silver (if he is refering to the green section holding the wheels in place), it does not actually seem like they are painted silver, they are green but due to the reflectivity of the paint is seems that way and perhaps that a flash was used in the camera shot...Unless my eyes are deceiving me.

This certainly does not seem like a normal Prestige model from ERTL/Britains. Is this a sign of things to come for the Prestige range?

What a pleasant surprise! It is almost in the same league as a Universal Hobbies offering. This most likely explains the premium price, but wow, it is a fantastic looking model.

This is definitely an out of the blue wonder that Britains delivered here.

4 hours ago, Skunkworks said:

Ok, I am answering my own question. The lights are actually plastic, no stickers here. Also the engine bonnet is metal and it seems like the roof is metal too. The overall paint application is fantastic. The only inconsistancy is the rear linkage which is still plastic for some reason, as the front linkage is metal.

And for Bluegreen that posted about the front links nuts being painted silver (if he is refering to the green section holding the wheels in place), it does not actually seem like they are painted silver, they are green but due to the reflectivity of the paint is seems that way and perhaps that a flash was used in the camera shot...Unless my eyes are deceiving me.

This certainly does not seem like a normal Prestige model from ERTL/Britains. Is this a sign of things to come for the Prestige range?

What a pleasant surprise! It is almost in the same league as a Universal Hobbies offering. This most likely explains the premium price, but wow, it is a fantastic looking model.

This is definitely an out of the blue wonder that Britains delivered here.

I have ordered one from G and M, for some reason, this model is not available from John Deere dealers, our dealer can’t find it anywhere. Mine should be with me in the new year, looking forward to it arriving now I have read your post.

Archived