Britains 2019

ford man

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, justy 46 said:

Im not really gone on their Valtra ether. The Siku style front linkage spoils it, the decal has it as TZ54 instead of T254 .Somebody fell asleep at the printer in China !!! And it has a real  shiny plasticy look to it  ..which is like one of those cheap budget toy tractors you would pick up in a discount shop.. For the sake of an extra 20 quid ...id have a Wiking Valtra.  But I do like the  Britains JD 6195M... one off those is on my list.

i posted that up before Justin about the the wrong model number,makes you wander how errors like this slip through

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

i do hope the new loadall has steering axles as i was going to do a convo on the previous loadall if i can hold out till release time that is

I think it will be the Pivot steer TM420 as mentioned a few posts back rather than a rigid version?  It would be nice if they upgraded the 550-80 as well as the TM310 though.

And would be well chuffed if the Kverneland Turbo is one of the larger models (to go behind T9)

Pleased to hear about the Fastbale as well.

Fendt might be good if it doesn't have a Siku front linkage, and the smaller JD handy to power the Keenan!

GM have the new Maxuum in stock...…………..haven't seen any pictures of one yet though...…………….think I will wait and see if we get new real size Puma models released at Eima show November or Lamma January 2019...………..If CASE do launch them then you can be sure UH replicas wont be far behind.

Whats with the pink Valtra baler set!!!!!     Petes got a lot to answer for:lol:

14 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I think it will be the Pivot steer TM420 as mentioned a few posts back rather than a rigid version?  It would be nice if they upgraded the 550-80 as well as the TM310 though.

And would be well chuffed if the Kverneland Turbo is one of the larger models (to go behind T9)

Pleased to hear about the Fastbale as well.

Fendt might be good if it doesn't have a Siku front linkage, and the smaller JD handy to power the Keenan!

Joe, TM coming as well as new loadall 

4 minutes ago, ford man said:

Joe, TM coming as well as new loadall 

Ah thats even better then - not a bad selection there, though no heritage models, or if there are more announcements to come then maybe there will be something for the classic fans.

Hopefully there will be some of the new release cards at the Moira show to get an idea of what exactly might be coming - what model Loadall, what width Cultivator etc.

27 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

GM have the new Maxuum in stock...…………..haven't seen any pictures of one yet though...…………….think I will wait and see if we get new real size Puma models released at Eima show November or Lamma January 2019...………..If CASE do launch them then you can be sure UH replicas wont be far behind.

Whats with the pink Valtra baler set!!!!!     Petes got a lot to answer for:lol:

Pink valtra will be done to support cancer care and a donation from every sale 

8 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Ah thats even better then - not a bad selection there, though no heritage models, or if there are more announcements to come then maybe there will be something for the classic fans.

Hopefully there will be some of the new release cards at the Moira show to get an idea of what exactly might be coming - what model Loadall, what width Cultivator etc.

I was there earlier joe, but it was a flying visit so got no pics. They had the Massey, NC and Kane there as well as the new Kuhn Baler. Rest on cards.  

1 hour ago, Fenside MF said:

i do hope the new loadall has steering axles as i was going to do a convo on the previous loadall if i can hold out till release time that is

Fenside, ur wish had come through. Will be steering on it, well, that’s what they tell me 

24 minutes ago, ford man said:

Fenside, ur wish had come through. Will be steering on it, well, that’s what they tell me 

Is it going to be the range topper again (560-80) or a different model, do you know?

4 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

i posted that up before Justin about the the wrong model number,makes you wander how errors like this slip through

Yeah Paul. I remember you pointing out that error.. So I tought maybe it might be just the very first few ..fingers crossed & the ones that follow might be corrected .. But I was at Smyths Toys last week getting something for my daughter & as your in ,you just have to check out whats in stock in terms off our mad hobby !!:D.. And there they were ..about 20+ Britains Valtras ..& that error.. Turned off .. But the JCB 419 was very tempting ..No JD 6195M in stock.. Was set on one off them..

40 minutes ago, prickles said:

what a real lame excuse all the blue prints and information needed from british manufactures  archives are held at reading university  archives including sales literature , no excuses and no excuses for mistakes

probably are yes, then you need to find the company license holder , and negotiate the rights to produce , can think of at least 1, maybe 2 projects got stuffed from that alone. one because they couldnt find a person . having pics and diagrams,and access to them like that  is one thing, getting further,and getting actual permision to do it  a completly differnet thing. 

and then  theres us,the collectors, who will slate it no matter how much effort goes into it,will always find a fault in it no matter how small. i would tend to agree with finding 100% accurate real machines to work from, even dealer museums have restored ones ,with later parts on,look at uh’s mf135 and its seat and arches. i would say you would be hard to pushed to find many ford,jd, mf and alike classic tractors,that we all crave for,that are 100% restored with 100% genuine parts .they are out there, i am sure,but far and few between.

I have to say that i agree with the general opinion of the Valtra. My son picked one up the other day and in the box i thought it looked quite a smart model, but up close it is very plastic and just looks cheap. Siku can manage to put a painted metal bonnet on their models for about the same money, surely it's time Britains started thinking about doing the same.

I had a look at the Kane 50th anniversary trailer at the show, in the photos I thought it might have looked good along side a Bluepower New Holland. But in reality the trailer colours look tacky and to bling for my liking. 

The Vicon baler is very nicely detailed, a lot of potential there. 

Nothing really there that tickles my fancy this year.. as regards the Heritage range ....it is a very lame excuse !! Look at all the relics as I would call them that Schuco push out ..For Britain's not being able to find a good UK spec Ford, County,Leyland, MF ,JD  or IH is just pure and utter bulls**t.   Their is no holding back their competition if they are going to produce a classic ..Britains just aint interested anymore I guess. It's the young carpet farmer is their market.. so leave them off. They had a good balance going there for a while between the collector & the carpet farmer. If you look at bidding on EBay of prices discontinued Britains modern stuff eg NH T7060 vs Heritage eg Ford 7600.. .. were is the demand ?? What's making the big money ??

Bull poo excuse from britains, the kind of equipment they would re produce as part of the heritage range would be something that was/is popular. With all the tractor and machinery clubs on the go now, to find something that is an accurate representation of that original machine will be just about as simple as me writing this post. 

35 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Nothing really there that tickles my fancy this year.. as regards the Heritage range ....it is a very lame excuse !! Look at all the relics as I would call them that Schuco push out ..For Britain's not being able to find a good UK spec Ford, County,Leyland, MF ,JD  or IH is just pure and utter bulls**t.   Their is no holding back their competition if they are going to produce a classic ..Britains just aint interested anymore I guess. It's the young carpet farmer is their market.. so leave them off. They had a good balance going there for a while between the collector & the carpet farmer. If you look at bidding on EBay of prices discontinued Britains modern stuff eg NH T7060 vs Heritage eg Ford 7600.. .. were is the demand ?? What's making the big money ??

They're more than welcome to come and look at my Leyland and produce that! Since theres not been a mainstream one done yet. I know Licensing could be an issue since im not sure who owns rights anymore?

29 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

They're more than welcome to come and look at my Leyland and produce that! Since theres not been a mainstream one done yet. I know Licensing could be an issue since im not sure who owns rights anymore?

Seem to remember the Leyland Marshall names are interwoven with Lloyds loaders who own the Muir Hill name and all the spares parts and aren't particularly cooperative when it comes to licenses. That info comes from many years ago now and may have been a set of Chinese wispers so how true it is I don't know

Archived