Your favourite model of all time.

justy 46

This topic may have been put forward here in the past. But if it was ..there is a lot of new members since. So out of all your years collecting farm models & making convos or even a toy/model from your childhood that holds plenty of mems....What is the model/toy that means the most to you or is your favourite of all. Mine is the Britains Ford 6600. It was my first tractor as a child that came in a boxset with the green 4 wheel trailer. It did not last long off course ,but I got the cables one & yard scraper a few years there after. Growing up threw the late 80s & early 90s I began to realise how much I wanted one again for my carpet farming .But they were well discontinued at that stage. Finding one was  never going to be an easy task when there was no internet .. So when I started collecting again ..it was my aim to find one or maybe even two or more threw Ebay and bring back those mems. I got 2 for now along with a few 5000s also..  .  .Would like to hear from other members what theirs is  !! or is there any story behind your favourite model..:)

IMG_2366_zpsf96c9199.jpg

My favourites would have to be my UH and Wiking Valtra T series tractors as seeing one in real life whilst on holiday brought me back into the hobby :)

From my childhood it would be the Britains Fiat with the rear assistor tracks and would love to get another one if I could find one at a decent price :ph34r:

collection 8.jpg

Wiking Valtra.JPG

I don't think I can choose, all my models are bought because the real machine means something to me, either I've driven it or always wanted one or admired them. Maybe my marge 7610 and my TW 15 conversion with me having the real tractors. 

Think my favorite has got to be the first, it was a Britains JCB Fastrac 1135, Bought whilst on holiday on the Isle of White about 17 or 18 years ago. Now all these years later and a room full of models and an unhealthy bank account permanently... But its all good fun!!! Unfortunately the 1135 never survived and is now in several pieces at the bottom of a box having suffered a snapped front axle and cab :( But i have bought a replacement one but it isnt the same.

It was a hard choice but the Wiking John Deere 6930 had to come second as it was oneo f the first proper "models" i had purchased and still a favorite today, and still desirable within the trade and quite sought after now :D

11 hours ago, SPN said:

My head hurts.

Mine does too, thinking about this!!

Favourite from my childhood has to be my Britains BM Valmet 805 and Wright Rain irrigator combination - many hours of playing with this and I still have them!

I have two favourites from more recent collecting times - ERTL Precision 8530 (just cant beat precisions) and Britains/ERTL Gold John Deere 8430T Agritechnica (my rarest and most expensive purchase ever).

Tough question as i have loads of models i am very keen on but if i had to pick one it would have to be my Uh County 1884 as the real thing was during my childhood and probably still is today my favourite tractor of all time. I also have a real soft spot for the old Britains stuff particularly the ford 5000/6600, MF 595 and the likes as what they lack in detail they make up in charactor. Favourites out of the more recent models it would have to be my Britains ford 6600, 7600, JD 40 and 50 series and my Uh ford 7810.

19 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

My favourites are earlier Britains  , namely the 5000 Super Major , of which I have 8 or 9 , the Massey 135 , only got 18 of those :o , 

& the 9568 Cow Transporter Trailer  .

Yes , .................. I have a few of those as well ...........:)

Glad I am not the only one with multiples......last count I have 44 of the SG2 cabbed Britains John Deeres.......and a similar amount of Britains Ford TWs.......

mm hard call ,prob the mf135 and loader, went through many of them, spent many an hour loading up xmas tree needles into a plastic proper look tipping trailer,on the back of a 595 . wish i had a clie who made the  trailer,  but it looked like a proper long wood sided tipper, low sides ,red chassis and hinge parts ,brown painted timbers was way better than the britains ones 

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

Glad I am not the only one with multiples......last count I have 44 of the SG2 cabbed Britains John Deeres.......and a similar amount of Britains Ford TWs.......

Forty four!!!!!!!:o:o:blink:

My favourite is the Britain’s mf combine , remember seeing it when it was first released, few days later I went to the shop with bags of 2p’s  n bought it , bet that assistant was sick of counting  . I’m sure it was £4.95  but could be wrong . I still have that old girl , it’s been in the work shop a time or two but still battles on 

I got the MF 760 one year for Christmas..even  tough I was asking for the NH combine..:D . But I can remember being more than happy with it.  It must have been around 1985 I think.. I was around 5 years young.. then my brother who is about 7 years younger than me got one for christmas about 12 years latter ..It just goes to show the production run of it.  It ran for well over 20 years. My brothers one has joined my collection & he kept it well. Its in complete condition after all these years carpet farming. 

IMG_0900.jpg

Fond memories too of the old Britains combines, remember having the new holland and my brother having the mf back in the 80s. Both now long scrapped but i have one of each in my collection now i purchased off ebay several years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

My alltime favourite has to be the Britains Deutz-Fahr DX4.57 AgroXtra. Not only did this model got me started collecting almost 13 years ago, I simply love the simple lines and overall look off this model. I have several in my collection, including some nice conversions.

360.jpg

No one favourite for me but some deserve a mention...……………….Like many others on here Britains was my beginning point with a Ford 5000 which got followed a year or two later by the 6600 and MF595...……………….I lived just around the corner from TNS Massey dealers and a couple of blocks away from that depot was a farmyard with Ford 7000 and 4000s and a Northrop 4wd.    That's why I still like blues the best and MF 80s/ 90s kit.

So  Britains Ford 6600 for sentimental reasons,  UH Ford 7810 for virtual perfection except rear linkage.

Other notables incl MF 3080,  Amazone 5200 sprayer, 6f cayron plough,  CASE Puma 175 (my convo), Schuco JD 7810, Britains JD 3350

On 12/8/2018 at 9:32 PM, justy 46 said:

I got the MF 760 one year for Christmas..even  tough I was asking for the NH combine..:D . But I can remember being more than happy with it.  It must have been around 1985 I think.. I was around 5 years young.. then my brother who is about 7 years younger than me got one for christmas about 12 years latter ..It just goes to show the production run of it.  It ran for well over 20 years. My brothers one has joined my collection & he kept it well. Its in complete condition after all these years carpet farming. 

IMG_0900.jpg

This takes me back got one of these from the first holy communion money early 80s mine was great twas used for grass and wheat ahh the innocence 

• 1 month later...

Archived