What's your latest General buy 2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am putting this in General Buys even though it is connected to my tractor brand obsession, I just need a workshop to put it up on the wall now because if I hang it in my office it obscures all of the model cabinets :D

SAME flag (2).JPG

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, smithy said:

I have also just bought this second -hand JCB BEAVER hydraulic concrete breaker ,as I have a few alterations to do in my barn/grain store  

IMG_20200208_102832.jpg

IMG_20200208_102820.jpg

There a good power pack them my brother selling them but not jcb models 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just this weekend I bought a second hand PC to replace the 10 year old one that was not up to specs anymore. A HP Z220 workstation, to visit FTF offcourse ;)

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3,40GHz - 8 GB ram - 500GB SSD & 500 GB HHD

As the seller said, a true powerhouse!

• 2 weeks later...

new washing machine after our old one decided to break its bearing ,resulting in the drum attempting to grind its way out of the plastic sealed unit , thought it was just mis loaded till we saw water coming out from under the door. cant fault AO though ,ordered Saturday afternoon, about 2ish when we found out, and  delivered at 8.30 this morning, 

It is a good book. All the pics are off tractors in every day use.  Only thing I found is that it don't cover the different versions off Ford's such as the Duncan and Fritzemeir cabbed Fords that were very popular outside the UK. But still a great read.

• 4 weeks later...

Tidy tractor there Alastair, nice buy :) i dont know how anyone else thinks but i somehow think that the SG2 cab was the mark of a proper classic Deere, they somehow went astray when they moved on from that cab, maybe its just me but the 40 and 50 series Deeres were the best looking, the long bonnet giving a powerful look from the word go

14 minutes ago, 844john said:

I know what you mean about the look of the SG2 Paul, but for me the later Techcentre cabs win every time.....for a start it has a door on either side;)

True John, maybe its because i remember the SG2 cabbed tractors more from my youth....

2 hours ago, 844john said:

That's very nice Alastair, she looks good and straight. What's the plan for her?

Thanks John, no idea :D  kind of came out of the blue, I’d come close to picking up an old 3650 recently, but o think that’s gone quiet now. That sowed the seed, and then this one came up purely by accident in conversation with one of our customers, and being just down the road, it was convenient. The price was fair and I don’t think you can really go wrong. Has had recent clutch and tyres haven’t even worn writing off tread 

few jobs to do, needs putting back to narrow settings, it’s in sugar beet mode at the moment. I ant to clean up and put back to black the sides of the cab behind the rear wheels. Rear wings could do with a fettle, cab roof paint or replace, headlining a bit tatty but it can stay like that for a bit. Overall a good clean up. 

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Tidy tractor there Alastair, nice buy :) i dont know how anyone else thinks but i somehow think that the SG2 cab was the mark of a proper classic Deere, they somehow went astray when they moved on from that cab, maybe its just me but the 40 and 50 series Deeres were the best looking, the long bonnet giving a powerful look from the word go

i agree, absolutely love the style, but when I grew up they were all around me at home, so it’s a nostalgia thing. I then used to spend most of my holidays driving a 4wd 3050 hauling 12 and 14 tonne trailers of spuds! It had been opened up a bit I believe, but even so imagining proposing 100hp for that job now!  

I too love the cab and style, but can’t help ever wondering how it got off the drawing board, it’s just weird really. 

Hand on heart, whilst I love it, it’s kind of ridiculous!  

she'll look very tidy once she's done Alastair, and with those hours that engine's just run in! You're right about the size of tractor mind, in another thread it's been talked about what to put on the front of a seven furrow plough, a farm near to us did all their ploughing with two seven furrow kvernlands and they were pulled by a pair of new TW20's. Mind you, I do often spread fert with a 300hp New Holland which I'm sure could certainly be classed as over kill!:D

Archived