New Holland 8070 Combine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good john, whats the plan with the header ?? 

Thanks Sean. I think at the moment I'm just going to do a little work to improve it slightly and then paint it. Eventually i intend to make a new header for it as the ones i remember as a boy had 17' headers and this one scales out at a 14', which is probably a bit on the small size for a combine of this size

John, you got to find somewhere safer to sit that combine when taking pictures, my anxiety is going through the roof!

fantastic work, another yellow model build to go with them.......baler maybe?  

Thanks lads,maybe I'd better not tell you that it was fair windy when i took those pictures Barry!:D There are a few more yellows I'd like to tackle, a baler is on the list as it's a project that I've talked about with Martin, (really must make some progress on that one!)and also a Clayson 1530 or 1540 combine like the one that belonged to a local contractor who used to harvest the barley and oats when i was younger. He also had an International combine, something like an 8-71, but that one is well down the list!

The plan is to make a slightly larger header when time allows, but she looked a little bare without one, so I've added a bit of detail and painted the original one for now, the tines are a little chunky, but it still looks better than without a header i think

WP_20201011_16_59_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20201011_17_00_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20201011_17_00_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20201011_17_01_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20201011_17_02_04_Pro.jpg

12 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Amazing job John as per usual! Hopefully as winter draws in, not too soon fingers crossed! I’ll be able to get back into my models and finish some things!!

Thanks Will, I'm the same, I've a list as long as my arm that I've been saving for the winter months!

10 hours ago, b_emmons said:

looks great

Thank you Brian

1 hour ago, phil phoenix said:

Well my best rebuild todate was my Massey Ferguson 2725 but your NH 8070 has taken things to a much higher level John, I doff my cap:D

Thank you Phil, after this one and the forager I think I've decided that rebuids are more work than scratchbuilds!:D

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Stunning again John, you’d hardly recognise the original toy you started with if I need a hand with 1/32 harvest 2021 I know where to come;)

Cheers Martin! I must admit, this has turned out to be about my favourite build to date, but i suppose I've always loved the look of the 8000 series and it's taken me long enough to finally get one! I'm sure she would be up to a spot of work in the future, if we paired the two combines and our two foragers up with a few of our classic tractors and trailers we'd have an interesting working day!;)

Archived