Leyland / Marshall

13 hours ago, 844john said:

I thought I’d already posted these, but obviously not, I blame my age!🙄 JWD Fieldmaster for a rather well known Leyland fan on here😉

9428CC08-7214-4B7B-8FB2-A43CB630AB7D.jpeg

E9CB3986-EF25-4FDA-8636-0DE1BF6B156B.jpeg

D8465D45-02A7-44DC-AB12-E9160AF8751E.jpeg

66163AA0-B086-42FC-8339-EB4427665F97.jpeg

Wow John... You've done yet another grand build there.... what could be the first publically aired build of a JWD fieldmaster 👍 for those on here who don't know, the JWD is the last legacy as it were to the Nuffield, built in very limited numbers by John Charnley and his sons William and David... they improved some of the niggling issues that the preceding Leylands and Marshall had...some will call it an improved engine by them going Perkins but I being a longstanding alligience to the 4/98 would have liked it to have seen the last incarnation of the Leyland engine used, available in 70 80 and 90 hp 4 pot configuration in 2 and 4wd they never sold that many... maybe just into double figures depending on who you ask.... I know if 3 all still in active use..... Think I need to set you a bigger challenge pardon the pun but if the 32nds look that good then the 16ths are going to be jaw dropping...... well done John hats off to you 👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Looking at it first... I actually tought it was real..! 😄 You caught me John for a breef few seconds there.. A fantastic lineup off Leylands and Marshalls.. 

I had to look twice , as well as making very good models John has a good eye for the camera angle  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Wish i had those talents and patience  they are all stunning john

I seem to remember in a early classic tractor mag there was a blue leyland secura cabbed tractor too mate 

That was for the Finnish market, they preferred the sekura cab due to it having a roof hatch as a means of escape... Which was something in Finnish legislation of Tractor cabs...  There are a version of the qm Leyland cab with a roof hatch on some of the parts books but to be honest I never seen one Nigel 

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

I think it must ha ve been the cab for the finnish  market at the time they also did ih 674s 454s with the older version of sekura square ap luxury cabs 

David browns too 

Dunno about massey ferguson 100 series or 500 series having those sekura cabs on though

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

That was for the Finnish market, they preferred the sekura cab due to it having a roof hatch as a means of escape... Which was something in Finnish legislation of Tractor cabs...  There are a version of the qm Leyland cab with a roof hatch on some of the parts books but to be honest I never seen one Nigel 

97A728E4-9698-4C59-B6E5-3EC5C31DF9FD.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Stunning collection of builds there John 😍 in my opinion that's better than any line up of Fergy or Ford ( best put my tin hat on now and get ready for the battle 😉)

Thanks Paul, I thought they’d appeal to you 😉

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, smithy said:

Like Paul has just said ,stunning collection of builds there John 😍, defiantly better than Fergy 😬 but not sure on the fords ☺️ 

Thanks Smithy, would definitely have been better like this though😉

A244E330-5D2D-43E0-806D-7E6AF871AD64.jpeg

BA163239-AFEC-48ED-A699-953AF284679E.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Looking at it first... I actually tought it was real..! 😄 You caught me John for a breef few seconds there.. A fantastic lineup off Leylands and Marshalls.. 

Cheers Justin, natural light makes all the difference 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Wish i had those talents and patience  they are all stunning john

I seem to remember in a early classic tractor mag there was a blue leyland secura cabbed tractor too mate 

Thanks Nigel, but patience is not something I’m known for!🤣

37 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Smithy, would definitely have been better like this though😉

A244E330-5D2D-43E0-806D-7E6AF871AD64.jpeg

BA163239-AFEC-48ED-A699-953AF284679E.jpeg

Yet another stunning set of builds John... I guess though if we all followed same brand then it would make the world a boring place... One thing for sure though is you certainly know how to build a cracking model.... And you also know how to point and squirt with a camera 😉

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Yet another stunning set of builds John... I guess though if we all followed same brand then it would make the world a boring place... One thing for sure though is you certainly know how to build a cracking model.... And you also know how to point and squirt with a camera 😉

Point and squirt ? 😍 is that a chat up line 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Nigel, but patience is not something I’m known for!🤣

Ive tried 10 times to get the world wide 74 style bonnet  for 2 x ih 250 skids and they look too square  ive tried useing a 250 bonnet and adding filler to it to get the right shape got the clay one perfect but it shrunk then cracked  so ive been swearing  allot coz ive failed to do a  444or 354 374  type tractor from bradford  

• Sad 1