Leyland / Marshall

9 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Wow.... They must be the best representation of the Bathgate blues that I've seen John.... Hats off to you you've not disappointed there and in sure that even non Leyland enthusiast will be impressed by those 🙂

Thanks Paul, that's a compliment indeed from a Leyland man!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Brilliant John, can’t wait to see them finished

Thanks Martin, I'd hoped to be further on with them but these sheep obviously don't realise we're a week off lambing as some have started dropping them now!

18 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Superb John. I'm in awe of how neat you get the glazing, such a tricky task

Thanks James, I'd like it neater if i could, but I must get some specs and my fingers are a bit numb for delicate work!🙄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, I'd hoped to be further on with them but these sheep obviously don't realise we're a week off lambing as some have started dropping them now!

At least the weather I’m has improved and the grass has started to grow. I wouldn’t have liked to have been trying to get yows and lambs outside had we had last weeks weather! These tupped very slow the first week so I’ve had an easy few days, onto second weekers now and they are just starting to get going. Crossed Swaleys start next weekend🐑

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Stunning John... As always. You can almost hear the bark of the 698 up that exhaust... 😍

cheers Paul, yes as I recall those engines did sound rather throaty!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 844john said:

cheers Paul, yes as I recall those engines did sound rather throaty!

That they did and still do John, a lot of folk put Leylands down for the bad brakes and poor steering but that was more a lack of maintenance rather than any fault of Leyland.... The 498 and 698 engines that replaced the earlier 38td and 51/57 BMC were Leylands strong points. Torque and power and not too bad on fuel with the added bonus of a great exhaust note 👍 

• Like 1