Will we ever see Spalding again??

watermill

• 1 month later...

I suppose it’s difficult to fit shows around the farming calendar, I would have often liked to go to the early Spalding show but it falls right at lambing time! It’s nice to see  an attempt to try and regain a bit of normality, I do agree that July is maybe not the most convenient time for those involved in agriculture, but then again I suppose when is!

I suppose moving from Springfield's will allow for better profit margins, I remember 10 years ago, when I was a young lad and usually ended up getting lost in a sea of people in the isles! 🤣 I am definitely planning to go as I always go to the spring show.

I hope that this is a 'to get back going' date, otherwise I will never be able to go again.  I know several folks who work for me wont be able to go either.  If it stays this date it would be a pity, as I can never get to any other shows.

Totally understand the venue change, it will be a bit of a gamble as to how many will go until the world gets back to whatever 'normal' will be......

its not just farming they have to fit into,its the venues other bookings as well, sadly right now, spalding  just doesn't cost in for me ,needs a days holiday ,plus 2 nights hotel to make it worth going ,as its to far to travel back on the day, un less you leave early, then its a wasted day

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

I hope that this is a 'to get back going' date, otherwise I will never be able to go again.  I know several folks who work for me wont be able to go either.  If it stays this date it would be a pity, as I can never get to any other shows.

Totally understand the venue change, it will be a bit of a gamble as to how many will go until the world gets back to whatever 'normal' will be......

Hopefully this is to get us all back to thinking about normality, I have spoken with Colin today and he has not said this venue is permanant. As for timing, like others have said it won't suit all, but hey life is coming back, buying models is coming back oh and brochures too. We look forward to seeing collectors and friends and having the friendly banter with whoever can make it, stay safe. 

goodiestractor 

On 5/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, AndyB said:

I have not spoken to Colin lately , but last time i did he said that July would probably be a one off show and he would stick to April/October as long as he can book the venue , i believe that springfields is still being used as a vaccination centre at the movement, i might be hay making in July but hopefully i will see some of you there      

I have still not spoken to Colin about this show but at the moment it is a one off event and spread out over a larger area so gov guidelines and social distancing can be applied , i now over shows make donations to really good courses out of any profits and i support this but as far as spalding goes i now Colin has had to dip into his own pocket on more than one occasion at past shows ,he is a collector of models himself and gets pleasure in organising these evets for us fellow model collectors, so i wish him all the best for this event and if i am not busy with hay i plan on supporting it        

I spoke to Colin on Monday and he said his phone had not stopped ringing as people were desperate to go to a show

He assures all of us that their will be plenty of space for traders and punters and the covid guidelines will be the priority

Have to congratulate Colin for finding a way to help us weirdos get back on it

Archived