Tim MIISA/K 2 row sugarbeet harvester

Gav836

Heres an update of this afternoons work on the harvester, the tank elevator is now fixed in place along with the cleaning elevator right on the back. Just have the ram left to re attach to the tank elevator now and the oil tank to put beneath it :)

post-334-132638549567_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638549571_thumb.jpg

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, i've now got the most difficult part left to make, the cleaning turbines, unfortunately the ones off the Siku Holmer are too small :( Once they are done that just leaves the rams to fit on the lifter and topper unit and the drive shafts :);)

As for making more of them, the more requests i get the better the chances of it happening are, if i can get it resin cast then it will be quite affordable as well :);)

Ok, i'll add your name to the list, thanks ;)

The big rams will all be plastruct but the smaller ones will be nicked off a scrap Simba i have here on this one and if i make some more probably split pins and Plastruct :);)

• 2 weeks later...

the 3 big tank rams are easy but the 2 on the lifter and topper and the 1 on the drawbar need to be stiff so they don't move easily so i reckon split pins would be the best bet :)

Gav.. I reckon that's superb mate... as for Rams... Bill Richardson makes his own rams mate... I'll PM you his number if you want... he is a SMASHING fella.. I am sure he'll knock you up what you want mate  ;)

Thanks guys, i've not got any further at the minute, i'm taking a brief break from it to get a few other models finished that i have orders for, just having a few days away for new year at present, borrowed gf's parents pc at the minute ;D::):D :D ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back to working on this today, only got about an hour or two left on it now. Today i have redesigned the drawbar and topper lift linkage which had both been niggling me as they didn't look right. Also i have fitted the lifting unit raise/lower ram, topper unit raise/lower ram and the drawbar swing ram along with the two cleaning turbines underneath. I have also changed the mounting points of the lifting unit.

First 2 pictures are of the machine from above showing it in transport position and then in working position :)

post-334-132638558811_thumb.jpg

post-334-13263855882_thumb.jpg

Archived