What really PLEASED you?

• 2 weeks later...

Got back to the workbench today to do some bits.

Was using the drill and thought "maybe I should put on safety goggles".

Ten minutes later, with goggles on, the drill bit snapped and took a chunk out of the ceiling over my head.

Always wear safety goggles boys and girls.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Old Kloppy has done a grand job there I must say,  replacing Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling with three virtual unknowns and then turning all three (salah, Firmino and Sane) into world class players is an incredible achievement.   My only concern is that back in the 70s and 80s when Liverpool were last kings of football their fans were just insufferable:D...……….maybe a bit more dignity will occur this time (but I doubt it) ………………...hopefully they will resist the temptation to have perms and big moustaches this time round:lol:

Edited by bluegreen
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent ten minutes watching one of the most beautiful birds, the Barn Owl, out hunting yesterday at dusk. A couple of years ago their numbers here seemed to have increased markedly as we were seeing them all the time, but this past year they appear to have declined again as we are seeing much less often. I was just wondering if any of you had noticed a similar pattern where you live?

belive it or not we have a good few owls around us, in the middle of plymouth ,its more unusual to not hear them to be honest, pretty sure they are barn owls, i have seen at least one recently. sat in the oak tree behind us, we also have a pair of sparrow hawks that sit on the back fence early some mornings. 

We seem to have a good population of Tawny owls up here, like you say Sean it's unusual to not hear them...we even get the odd one sat on our bedroom windowsill through the night, which certainly makes you jump when it shrieks! The barn owl numbers really seemed to increase, as again it was more  unusual not to see at least one most days either out hunting or sat on a post, but this last year they seem to be less and less obvious.

• 1 month later...

lucky you :D not seen that one, or anything to be honest, bar 3 different couples dog walking saying thank you for keeping their electric on while out dartmoor doing broadband the last couple of days :blink: i don't think anyone has noticed were still going . still got no idea how they think openreach do the same as western power .

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:55 PM, weblet375 said:

My mate just text me, his boss has sold there two lexion 480 and brought a second hand nh cr10.90  with 35ft header. He got it somewhere up north.

Don't put up rubbish posts suggesting for one second that a New Holland CR10-90 combine might actually be competitive to, or replaced a Claas machine  Andy, or you will have the forums "Green police" coming after you:lol: 

Interestingly I got to speak to Ernest DOEs combine demonstrator back in February who knew all about the "Intellicruise" system on the 10-90 and how it had massively increased the machines output, and substantiated the claim by a local user here in the fens who was harvesting 80 tons of wheat per hour average across the day with spot rates above 100 tons p.hr.  He reckoned the CASE 9250 wasn't far behind either with their version of intellicruise and could well believe the CR10-90 outperformed the Lex 780.  HOWEVER,  he also said he had had the opportunity to drive a pre production Claas 8900 last summer and that once again Claas had succeeded in lifting the performance bar up to a new level.  In wheat it had achieved consistent spot rates in excess of 120 tons per hour!!!!

Mind you, if it doesn't start raining here soon there wont be much tonnage of anything to harvest around the fens:unsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SPN said:

120 tons an hour is 2 tonnes a minute.

You need a silage style operation to haul the grain away from that sort of output.

What is rate of unloading to chaser bin/trailers?

Claas's web site is claiming 18.000 l in 100 seconds,??

https://www.claas.co.uk/products/combines/lexion-8900-7400

Regards

Joe,

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:13 AM, bluegreen said:

Don't put up rubbish posts suggesting for one second that a New Holland CR10-90 combine might actually be competitive to, or replaced a Claas machine  Andy, or you will have the forums "Green police" coming after you:lol: 

Interestingly I got to speak to Ernest DOEs combine demonstrator back in February who knew all about the "Intellicruise" system on the 10-90 and how it had massively increased the machines output, and substantiated the claim by a local user here in the fens who was harvesting 80 tons of wheat per hour average across the day with spot rates above 100 tons p.hr.  He reckoned the CASE 9250 wasn't far behind either with their version of intellicruise and could well believe the CR10-90 outperformed the Lex 780.  HOWEVER,  he also said he had had the opportunity to drive a pre production Claas 8900 last summer and that once again Claas had succeeded in lifting the performance bar up to a new level.  In wheat it had achieved consistent spot rates in excess of 120 tons per hour!!!!

Mind you, if it doesn't start raining here soon there wont be much tonnage of anything to harvest around the fens:unsure:

That demonstrator is my mate ,Combine Kenny we call him ,he often spends a good 6 months or more travelling around the world driving combines , sometimes on demo or just genially driving them for farmers .He used to farm right next door to me back in the 80/90s .He is Goodies demo driver . 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...