What really PLEASED you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Pembrokeshire last week for a weeks holiday and stayed in amroth. We stayed in a house right on the sea front which was great to wake up to every morning, but the best part was that once the tide was right out it left loads of rock pools with crabs and small fish in until we stumbled across a rather deep pool. The mother in law was paddling with me lad in this knee height pool when suddenly me lad shouts fish fish and when we looked its was a good ft long dog fish caught by the tide. So I decided to save it by catching it by hand and running it down to the sea :). The bluming things got some strength too it nearly doubled back and got me could hear its teeth banging together.

post-3634-0-37133300-1434658804_thumb.jppost-3634-0-72973100-1434658890_thumb.jp

Ooow and there was loads of these too apparently because of over fishing so they grow huge then when they die they get washed up onto the shore!!

post-3634-0-31566700-1434659081_thumb.jppost-3634-0-74762700-1434659431_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Went to prestwold yesterday with my dad so he could do his red letter day I got for him for his bday. He drove an Aston Martin and a Nissan gtr(my choice for him) then went round on a fast lap in a Vauxhall monaro vxrs. Whilst looking round I found out that I could pay and do two laps in the gtr and my god the only time I actually looked down at the dash was on the straight and I was doing 165mph and still excelerating. We had a real blast whilst we were there definitly recommend it for a day out:):)! Next I want to try the rally car session. Also got my car back now with my new springs and clutch on, now handles corners like no tomorrow but after driving the gtr got to have it remapped!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter (who is 25) has been a Disney fanatic since she was small, she has worked in Florida for the summer season and is currently a Supervisor in a Disney Store. The Company run a Trivia competition every year and so she decided to enter.

First she won the store comp, then she won the Regional Comp, then she won the National Comp and today, she won the European Competition.

First Prize is a 2 week trip to Disney California for her and a friend, (not me : ), clever girl and a very proud Dad.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I think works finally decided to swap a system we use at work following a few weeks of comments we have been making, for some reason we have to put in every job 3 times a day why a job will be finished past its completion date,,infact even if its due to be finished that day???? Even if its due in say three weeks time  They must have  xomments,so my latest reply to why a job wasnt done in july this year was, " i am not marty mcfly, my transit never came with the flux capacitor option fitted as bt fleet were to tight". , had a text from someone in the back office saying it was the best one so far by a long way, and its finally under review ,common sence my yet prevail

• Like 2

Being able to drive up the High street again after EIGHTEEN weeks of road closures and various diversions.

View up the High St

K%201_zps7v51dnpa.jpg

Down the High St

K%204_zps7capxmfz.jpg

And off a couple of side streets

K%203_zpsi2qad49a.jpg

K%202_zpslyztwmtf.jpg

Goodness knows what it'll be like when it's frosty on those granite kerbs and cobbles,??

Regards

Joe,PS big street party yesterday,But,It's not finished yet,??

• 5 weeks later...

Had a phone call from our "new ideas " unit at work today with regards a idea I submitted about a year ago, it's been wandering round  various sections and assessments ( none by the people using it at the end mind) .its basicly a £3.50 (what it cost me to make) wood board that fits into out pole mounted fibre dp's we build, saves us all about 30 mins in build time, and make it so much easier to splice, blow a customer  feed in etc.we currently use a 100quid work mate, and it takes ages to do with that.the idea has now been taken forward and is getting funded for a trail production run for field testing, the initial figures are predicting a company cost saving of about £250000 a year in tool buying and time saved, it now seems I may be getting a share of one years saving as a reward for the submission plus other rewards . Last idea I put in I got a pen, maybe this will d better, probably about £2.50 knowing my luck :laugh:;D

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

L200 running smoothly post service (new front pads, air filter, oil changed, bottom belt no longer squeaks) plus starts first time after I fit 4 new plugs. I hope they last as weren't cheap. I also had it cleaned inside and out before coming to Wales, but might be getting it dirty again tomorrow :laugh: