Whats on your workbench???

front weights are upside down, but the actual hanger is the right way up??? beats me, that said mine are coming off anyway ,just the hanger for me,got some removable weights in the shed to go on this one

now re-done the hubs, have removed the lump you see in the 590 patv wheels, and given it a flat hub with the stud detailing and rings still visable,the second hubs just drying glue wise, all they need now is the inner rims sorting ,which i think i have found a suitable tube for then its paint time

022-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

• Like 2

:laugh: very when you put your mind to it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: each wheels taken me arround 30 mins tops,in total so far , will take more to get a suitable finish ready for paint obviously, best bit is ,i have a use already for the 2640 hubs, using the 590 tyres ,and the donor hubs from the new tyres will provide the filler for the new patv inner rims, so overall the only waste from the lot so far is the 2640 tyres and a tiny bit of the donor hubs center , and i am sure they can be used somewhere at some point especially the tyres

tyres i cant find right now, cant get on his website, but they were picked by eye from the big box he had of them, they are uh, just cant remember the model, removal of the humps my secret for now , but i can tell you that it took 3 mins a wheel and they havnt been sanded down or anything

pretty sure they would have been 34's or 36's ,and have a feeling that the patv ones were 34's, they fitted the other in the range like the 2000's ok, just had bigger tyres to make it work, have a look at the 2605's which were usally the ones fitted with the patv's . big tyre walls and fatter width wise, but the hubs quiet small compaired to the usual pressed wheels they usally ran , the ones like the uh 1200 are fitted with

thought it could be done mate , that said they have taken some battering today , took a while to redo one tonight after i stood on one as the cats had knocked it of the board >:( . didnt see it,think i may have found some tyres to suit the front now, right overall diameter, but they may need a bit more work on the hubs to get the widths right, and some patv guides ect added as most i have seen with the patv rears have the fronts fitted to

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

been tinkering with the 2640 inbetween tiling today as well, have swaped the rear tyres as after a lot of pondering i think they may have been just a tad to wide??? and didnt suit the front tyres i had found either, so shes now running uh 5480 tyres all round, again they are all the same diameter as the origonals, but are about double the origonal tyres width, personally i think they do look better all round than the origonal sets i picked, still need to widen the rims on the front hubs, and sand out the rears ready for paint

031-1_zps2e38f776.jpg

030-1_zps6c90f200.jpg

029-1_zps47aa9dce.jpg

028-1_zps5b986715.jpg 

• Like 5

cheers jamie, shes getting there, biggest job really will be the bonnet ,as i need to swap the exhaust to the other side to match the air cleaner, as the version it willbecome  has both on the one side ,therefore i need to try and match the paint , i have a feeling that plasti coat red matchs the uh mf red very well ,otherwise its a full strip and repaint the arches to

• 2 months later...