Whats on your workbench???

Something else that's different, front mounted furrow press made up from parts of 2 packomat off the Britains Kverneland plough and home made folding frame.

attachicon.gifIMGP1179.JPGattachicon.gifIMGP1181.JPGattachicon.gifIMGP1183.JPGattachicon.gifIMGP1185.JPG

Back in the good old days sometime in the 1980s I made a linkage like yours to go on the front of a Ford 7610fwd but I left the press on the ground because of the weight and hooked on it same as you would with the plough it worked but it put a lot of stress on the front by wanting to pull you sideways especially on a side hill so after a few fields I a banded the idea I think there was a company that made one on the front and also a side mounted one which brought the pulling point towards you back wheels so not the stress on the front    

• Like 2

That was a good idea at the time but tractors was not strong around the engine/gearbox clutch housing and I now of 2 that snapped in half todays tractors are built stronger in that area

Did the press not have chassis rails to take the stress?

Yes they did have rails as far as clutch/gearbox housing  but they really needed to go back to the rear axle to stop the twist

indeed smithy, our neihbour had one of them,and thry added rail tracks down each side to take the weight, infact they did the same to the ford 5000 and laoder they ran after they split one with a loaded browns bale grab on it along with the bigger one at the rear , poor thing just went bang , certsinly shocked the driver jeff, who came and worked for us after that farm sold out to contracting the land to camstar ,sure you have heard of them,from the eye area
  • Like 1

when I was 15 years old (yes a little while back) I was loading sugar beet with a ford 4000 and horndrulic loader and it snapped round the bell-housing only the cab made it stay together it was in December cold and wet but we got some wood and tilts and made a shelter over it and MANN-EGERTONS from Ipswich came out and repaired it  

• Like 1