Whats on your workbench???

26 minutes ago, 844john said:

To be honest, I think it's a good base for converting, I've been having similar thoughts about adapting a couple to a Claas and also a JF :)

Certainly is. It won't be 100% correct but it will be close enough for me. Look forward to seeing those if you decide to go ahead, we will have to have a silage working day. :D

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hajo said:

Great idea, as said, it will not be 100% perfect, but it will provide a starting point for many conversions, I am sure.

Was it difficult to take apart? (presume you took it apart prior to a fresh coat of paint.)

Haven't got round to painting just yet but it is probably the easiest model I have ever had to take apart. Three screws that are all easily accessible take the main parts off. One for drawbar, one for spout and one for pickup reel. Then two further screws to take the reel apart.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mb86 said:

Certainly is. It won't be 100% correct but it will be close enough for me. Look forward to seeing those if you decide to go ahead, we will have to have a silage working day. :D

Good idea, we could be the Teesdale Grassmen, those Irish lads have done alright out of it!:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

A baler, although I doubt it will be appearing on a display anytime soon.

This is a prototype small baler (1.5x1.2x2.8cm) to test the theory for making bales using chopped sisal rope before I make a bigger version for Quadrant bales to make up a truck load.

Just got to wait till collect my chopped sisal from home at the weekend to test it.

IMG_20180213_222546.thumb.jpg.2964df8c8a5a1bb447612c31819c4158.jpg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

This is a prototype small baler (1.5x1.2x2.8cm) to test the theory for making bales using chopped sisal rope before I make a bigger version for Quadrant bales to make up a truck load.

Just got to wait till collect my chopped sisal from home at the weekend to test it.

Very professionally named the bale-o-matic!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

I’m in need of some conventional bales to compliment my flat 8s and sledges so will be very interested when this is up and running 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

mm looks interesting, if it works do you fancy making me one? pretty please, i have about 150 of the french made ones, but could do with a lot more .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

mm looks interesting, if it works do you fancy making me one? pretty please, i have about 150 of the french made ones, but could do with a lot more .

If its successful I plan on scanning the plans to make one, but you'll have to do the making yourself!

• Like 2

Been years since ive posted anything on ftf but hello to everyone :) and all new members. 

I had a quiet day yesterday so set about trying to built a slurry pipe gantry like what we have in work, got a fair bit more done than i thought i would but the hinge in the middle is giving me problems and keeps breaking off, but still got a few things to do to it when i can :)

20180214_160023.jpg

20180214_160040.jpg

20180214_160048.jpg

12 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Having some degree of success with the sisal bales, some fine tuning of the technique required yet though.

IMG_20180217_113226.thumb.jpg.946ed67388668ed806c7c87680bc0f65.jpg

IMG_20180217_113236.thumb.jpg.4d04ec9bcbc586cadf69120322acf739.jpg

Much like the real process :D  They look great James but I think your string is too bright and your knots need to be on the top of the bale very nearly at one end. 

• Like 3