Forum Issues and Updates

oh well that must have been a case of wrong timing, as for me it only seems to have gone wrong since the new laptop, it all seems to be linked as they all involve pasting of something into a post ,as that's what effectively a quote is on here from what I can see

To get the quote to work it's a case of open a reply window, click the little light switch (BB code) then go and click the quote button of the post I want to quote and then the text appears in the reply box, then click the BB code switch again to be able to use smileys..... ::) now I think of it we had to go into BB code mode to get JMD's pics from PB to the forum. ???

Just tried a photo upload test and the can only get the link from PB to paste into the reply box in the BB code mode.

Edited by Valley Axe Man

To get the quote to work it's a case of open a reply window, click the little light switch (BB code) then go and click the quote button of the post I want to quote and then the text appears in the reply box, then click the BB code switch again to be able to use smileys..... ::) now I think of it we had to go into BB code mode to get JMD's pics from PB to the forum. ???

Just tried a photo upload test and the can only get the link from PB to paste into the reply box in the BB code mode.

• 9 months later...

Are there more people on here having issues with the website speed? I have a quick internet connection and every website I visit loads fine. However, when I visit FTF it just drops miles down. Pages take ages to load. Even simple text topics will take a while. I have the same issue on my phone with 4G and at work as well so it's certainly not my location.

Are there known issues or am I alone in this?

I have to say that I too am having to wait a long time for pages to load most of the time despite having business broadband.  Firefox says "connecting" for ages although at this moment it appears reasonably quickly.  We shall see when I post this

UPDATE - this message posted really fast and New Content was in a blink of an eye. 

Edited by Leakeyvale

Are there more people on here having issues with the website speed? I have a quick internet connection and every website I visit loads fine. However, when I visit FTF it just drops miles down. Pages take ages to load. Even simple text topics will take a while. I have the same issue on my phone with 4G and at work as well so it's certainly not my location.

Are there known issues or am I alone in this?

no problem getting onto the site, but for some reason its taking  ages to get into the "unread " section all of a sudden .doesn't matter if its via my laptop. the I pad or I phone, ,can be as long as 2or 3 mins , stopping it and refreshing doesn't make any difference , once its on there its fine, just that first attempt that its bad

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think the problem is that the forum has a huge number of posts and when you load for the first time the system has to check every topic and find the last read flag.  When I keep my browser open but minimised, with my laptop hibernating rather than being switched off, view new content is fast.  Perhaps it is time for Andy to archive some of the old stuff.

• Like 1

I am being told the Forum Security Certificate has expired and its telling me not to log in.!!! Happens on my laptop ,tablet & phone. Is there anybody else having this problem ??

I keep getting this message when trying to sign out, and it does not sign me out, as when I load forum from favourites I am already logged in.

tractorman314.

Just tried to replicate this problem as I wasn't getting it using my normal browser (Firefox). However, with IE I did get this expired certificate warning.

We have had this once before and I think Andy just needs to update it with the tech guys and it should be sorted.

• Like 1