Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

On 1/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, chris.watson said:

I took that to £155 then bailed out. It looks to me that it might be a Martin Reeve piece, as the workmanship is very good. 

It doesn’t look like one of martins to me as that one hasn’t had the bonnet or engine cut down, along with the fact the wheels haven’t been changed from the original ones 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jd6320driver said:

It doesn’t look like one of martins to me as that one hasn’t had the bonnet or engine cut down, along with the fact the wheels haven’t been changed from the original ones 

To be honest Hugh, I thought it looked like a new cast engine, Bonnet does look the right length to me to be a four pot. Still, nice little tractor though. See what you reckon side by side, the 3350 is a standard Britain’s.E8B9C7FD-1482-41BD-9C6D-D9F884A9B766.thumb.png.2f30b21a54590e34ccf704035e0b48cd.png5EB7C3BC-5B74-40BE-8264-B4635A389096.thumb.png.776c20ed10f6c16f4ff33693eda06a7d.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

:o wow....i was just having a bit of a sort out over christmas and at last count i think there was about 15 assorted 40 and 50 series Deeres in the cupboard.....might be time for a bit of a reduction sale:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 844john said:

:o wow....i was just having a bit of a sort out over christmas and at last count i think there was about 15 assorted 40 and 50 series Deeres in the cupboard.....might be time for a bit of a reduction sale:D

I always regretted  not getting that one, briefly thought about looking for one, but saw the finishing prices on ebay and changed my mind!  It wouldn't hurt Britains to reintroduce one of each of the classic makes into their range given now sought after they are.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I always regretted  not getting that one, briefly thought about looking for one, but saw the finishing prices on ebay and changed my mind!  It wouldn't hurt Britains to reintroduce one of each of the classic makes into their range given now sought after they are.

There is mention of a Green heritage tractor over in the Britains 2020 topic.

13 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Paid £16.75 for mine:lol:  It is after all, only a Britains tractor!  At £101 you can buy so many better models - crazy what people do!  I think they are a lot of money in the £30's!!!:wacko:

On 1/12/2020 at 9:08 PM, chris.watson said:

I took that to £155 then bailed out. It looks to me that it might be a Martin Reeve piece, as the workmanship is very good. 

Evening Chris, I messaged the seller and asked him if it was a mfm and he said no, he’d done it himself 

19 hours ago, 844john said:

This one ended at a slightly more reasonable price , but still high ..as in its more than double it's orginal selling price when plentiful. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233461833537

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

why not, at the end of the day ,how many of that set do you see come up for sale, honestly i recon thats the only 2 in a year ,certainly not a set i saw at zwolle, and pretty much everything can be found there. i dount many got made and many stayed boxed like that either. it may just be that cardboard but to some its worth it 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, watermill said:

Evening Chris, I messaged the seller and asked him if it was a mfm and he said no, he’d done it himself 

Hello Charlie mate. Long time no see;) thanks for the info. For a DIY cut down, I think he has made a good job of that. Finish looks good to me mate.;)

4 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I am sorry, but does a new set of decals and a sticker on the box constitute the huge price increase?  Bog standard Britains price mania again!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONVERSION-1-32-FORD-7710-4WD-TRACTOR/133312482370?hash=item1f0a0b0c42:g:N9oAAOSwJU5eKEKX

Not for me it doesn't ....especially as a 7710 looks about as much like a TW as I do!:lol:

• Haha 1