Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

What I'm struggling to understand is where all the money is coming from, whenever you watch the news it's nothing but poverty, job losses and a country hit by recession.....and then you see these massively inflated prices for models. No doubt some people have done well out of the pandemic and furlough has obviously bolstered a lot of incomes, but then tomorrow can be a completely different ball game...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hody21 said:

It maybe going for good money but I bet the winner never pays up. Good luck to the seller though. If somebody's prepared to pay the price then who are we to criticize. Glad I've got one though:)

What amazes me is that its not even a limited edition - I paid less for my Gold Britains 8340T and there were only 102 of them made!  Like you say though, its only sold when the money is in the bank!

3 minutes ago, AndyB said:

What amazes me is that its not even a limited edition - I paid less for my Gold Britains 8340T and there were only 102 of them made!  Like you say though, its only sold when the money is in the bank!

I paid less for my Britains Gold Sprayer too, makes you wonder what the Gold models are worth. Probably not as much as the Maxxum fetches. Bonkers

11 minutes ago, hody21 said:

I paid less for my Britains Gold Sprayer too, makes you wonder what the Gold models are worth. Probably not as much as the Maxxum fetches. Bonkers

Indeed, that would be the irony!

• Like 1

There are some tools bidding on ebay though...a while back I put three Britains Loaders on, two of which were current models and they all got bidded over £30 but never received the payment, and looked at feedback and the bidder had done it before, just bidded things up with no intention of paying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 844john said:

What I'm struggling to understand is where all the money is coming from, whenever you watch the news it's nothing but poverty, job losses and a country hit by recession.....and then you see these massively inflated prices for models. No doubt some people have done well out of the pandemic and furlough has obviously bolstered a lot of incomes, but then tomorrow can be a completely different ball game...

Not just models, dog and houses to name a couple 

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

Another item that made good money 

24D74112-786D-49EC-B9E1-116EAC89FC32.thumb.jpeg.c418ebf037f6599ee815c0a8cd69dfe1.jpeg

Was watching that Barry  - not for once thinking of bidding, knew it would go over £100.

There was a Rogator went for £94 and same seller has another one on too.

45 minutes ago, dutchfarmer said:

searching on  the internet yesterday evening, and saw this chap on Shapeways, uploaded 3d print models of Ransomes cultivator, and rotovator (is it a Howard?) :)

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/oli-2

Not sure i was looking at the right photos but it might be a ransomes but the cultivator that i have has two bars that the tines are bolted to ,if its is in my yard i will get a picture tomorrow ,(i had lent it to a friend not sure if its back ) as for the rotovator it looks similar to a Howard but it is not the model i had a few years back allow i stand to be corrected on that  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Barry said:

Maybe we should have a Shapeways thread??

Anyways, is this the 'Grondfrees' you were refering?

grondfrees = ground cutter!!

20278539_22001.jpg.06de7497dad2131dfe6ef22a1bd7eeec.jpg918813631_22002.jpg.09a6040b44fff6820866f89a8879cc7a.jpg

Nice to see good 3D printed models at a sensible price, Even the smooth fine detail price is just £ 39.36, no idea of postage price though,

Regards

Joe,

3D rotovater.jpg

• Like 1

several years ago i had 2 Howard rotavators ,both the same the lower link arms just went on to pins on the rotavator this 3d printed one has jaws for the lower link arms ,the gearbox on mine was in the middle with a round bit of tube on one side housing the drive shaft to the chain on the side that drives the rotor , this one seems to have a round shaft right across the back linking both sides , it could be a Howard but not the same as what i had . I do like this 3Dprinted one and  like Catkom3 say its a good price