Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

19 hours ago, catkom3 said:

no idea of postage price though,

Last time I put in an order shipping was €8.34. The parts where made in the Netherlands and the order was early December, so I would anticipate a change in the price. 

20 minutes ago, stehos said:

Very interesting things they offer. But first I would like to see a finished product to establish what the actual detail is. The pictures you see are just rendered models.

I have attached a photo of the 'fine detail plastic' prints that I had done. The detail is very good with very minimal lines like you get on lower quality print methods. 

IMG_20210203_155720.thumb.jpg.e471ccddb45e0419354fc89521acdd8d.jpg

• Like 3

This is the ransomes cultivator that is in my yard ,it actually belongs to Simong a fellow member on here ,i had a deal with him a few years ago but i could not remember yesterday if it was still in my yard . And i was aware this one was different to the 3d printed one    

IMG_20210203_144302.jpg

IMG_20210203_144317.jpg

IMG_20210203_144336.jpg

IMG_20210203_144408.jpg

IMG_20210203_144430.jpg

IMG_20210203_145128.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Place is gone mad now . 

FB_IMG_1613065407943.jpg

why cryil ? honestly, how often do you see them? if thats  what people are willing to pay, then let them, you may consider it wrong, but i bet if you had a second or third and sold them,you would not be complaining about it, there seems to be a really big backlash in some places about this , i really dont understand why, none of them moaning about it ,would complain if it was them selling, its almost like jealousy or something . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

why cryil ? honestly, how often do you see them? if thats  what people are willing to pay, then let them, you may consider it wrong, but i bet if you had a second or third and sold them,you would not be complaining about it, there seems to be a really big backlash in some places about this , i really dont understand why, none of them moaning about it ,would complain if it was them selling, its almost like jealousy or something . 

got to admit i agree with Sean,if thats the price you can get for it fair play to them

There were a few American sellers churning these and the Deutz Allis out, sometimes under £100 a few years ago. Obviously the hassle of getting them over the Atlantic but a good investment going by today's values.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

There were a few American sellers churning these and the Deutz Allis out, sometimes under £100 a few years ago. Obviously the hassle of getting them over the Atlantic but a good investment going by today's values.

You buy a britains one here in Ireland or uk for lost lesse than halp tye price 

14 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Ah you may be able to, but it wont be that one or the deutz allis as they were rare American ones, hence the price they get, theres a guy on facebook , with a huge collection still says that tanker is his rarest one, just down to that reason  , very hard to get. 

3 hours ago, trigger82 said:

As Sean says, you can get the standard Deutz Fahr but not the Deutz Allis versions, they are as rare as hens teeth in the UK and always make over £100 when they do come up.

19 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

There is 2 sides here guys..and both have valid points. Your right Sean in what you are saying , but Cyril is also right about the bidding up..Lots off puffing going on with EBay...

Like this is went off the scale for example. You would ask yourself is it for real.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164665558474

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

There is 2 sides here guys..and both have valid points. Your right Sean in what you are saying , but Cyril is also right about the bidding up..Lots off puffing going on with EBay...

Like this is went off the scale for example. You would ask yourself is it for real.

I know the man selling it and he did sell it but dont know if person payed 

That's the big issue currently with ebay...

Everyone sees the sky high prices

Everyone shares the fact stuff is being bid to these high prices

No one ever finds out if someone actually paid up at the end of the auction. It creates this false stigma around individual models worth. 

The Case is a great example and I will eat my hat I'm my assumptions are wrong, but that auction won't have been paid for, simple as, £1500 won't have changed hands. It's too easy to get out of paying as a seller on eBay these days. But what has happened is the idea of their value has been inflated. Instead of maybe paying £100 people now think £200 is a reasonable price for one, after all someone just paid £1500 for one! 

Now whether this is done on purpose by people being clever, or it's just some people having a laugh and not realising the effect they create I don't know. I wouldn't want to speculate either way. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

the biggest issue with puffing or what ever you call it is, there is no way you can prove it ,unless that models back for sale a little while later,and even then its hard to prove ,they have numerous get out of jail excuses ,inc blaming the buyer, you could tell it in the past and you would see the names of the other bidders, and after a while if you had your suspicions about a particular seller, you could normally pin point it pretty easily by watching the names  

.my other line of thought is, it has to cost the seller, if he bids it up, to say that 1500 quid one, as far as ebay goes, its a sale, even if its to the sellers fake account or mates one ,they will want their slice of the final costs, i very  much doubt they will let a seller keep claiming hes been had by the buyer over and over again, even they would be looking at that, they would expect the seller to opening cases ect .

i am not saying it doesnt happen, but the only way you will stop it, is with buyers using some sense and dropping out, setting a limit they will pay,and sticking to it. if a person can get away with puffing,and  notices a buyers matching or constantly beating his own bids, guess what ,he will keep pushing his luck,if your daft enough to keep going then your just as much to blame , i am pretty sure the only person who sees the bidders full name is the seller once the auction gets its first bid .

• Andy featured this topic

There has been some discussion recently on what some newer models from the likes of UH are making, here is proof that some golden oldies also still command good prices albeit in a mint condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Toys-54-Fordson-Power-Major-Tractor-with-Half-Tracks-original/324485387880?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I was watching it thinking that if it didn't make any more than £50 then I might have a bid, we are way beyond that now

• Like 3

On 2/18/2021 at 8:51 AM, robbo said:

There has been some discussion recently on what some newer models from the likes of UH are making, here is proof that some golden oldies also still command good prices albeit in a mint condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Toys-54-Fordson-Power-Major-Tractor-with-Half-Tracks-original/324485387880?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I was watching it thinking that if it didn't make any more than £50 then I might have a bid, we are way beyond that now

Corgi's are commanding decent prices currently. This one is probably more desirable as it is hard to find with complete original tracks. Would not surprise me if it got to £200.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, robbo said:

Good spot! It’s actually a very scarce variant. Usually found with yellow hubs rather than orange/red here. Historically they’ve sometimes gone over £1000. If it’s genuine. 

1 hour ago, robbo said:

If i had seen it I would have been tempted as i have never seen that version

Yellow hubs alone is worth more than that

• Like 1