The Aughton Valley Collection

4 hours ago, walterderwent said:

Likewise I can be very picky and discerning at times when looking at releases from the major manufacturers, and converted models. :) Being a huge sentimental fan of Britains ( like so many people ) because of the childhood memories that remain from running an almost exclusively Britains based carpet farm in the past I was looking forward to the later Q cabbed TWs. I'd bought the previous 10, 20, and 30, that for a toy, looked OK, and I just know I would have been very excited to receive for them for my carpet had they been released in that guise back in the '80s. The later 15, 25, 35 they have released would look better if they were flushed down the toilet, let alone dumped on. :D  I just know had the later versions been released as they have done now back when I was a kid, i'd have been disappointed. Steven's tweaks to them are a much better reflection of the carpet farming toy that Britains should have released in the first place, and they look great lined up together in one of my cabinets. If I want a TW with far more detail to sit in one of my other blue line ups, then i'm quite happy, and more than prepared to pay three or four times more than I did for the Britains conversion for a UH or MarGe model to be given the works. :)    

Agree David.. The newer TWs from Britains were abit of a let down . The first lot of TWs 10.20 & 30 were toys ..but good ones ..second lot were toys  that would have passed for NewRay tractors.. Its always hit or miss with Britains ,but its acceptable when they are more toy producers . I collect every thing Ford & New Holland in 1/32 .. so I felt there would be a gap in my  collection without the newer Britains TWs. But they are tweakable & simple touches can really bring them on a bit..

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, walterderwent said:

Daniel Baggot County 1474 built using Britains and 3D printed parts. 

P1230730.JPG

P1230737.JPG

I am not much of a Ford/County fan but to me the middle one looks to be the best. Is that the Marge version?

44 minutes ago, robbo said:

I am not much of a Ford/County fan but to me the middle one looks to be the best. Is that the Marge version?

Marge dont do the short wheel base/ slope nose County 1474 Mike .Only the long wheel base 1884 with the floatation tyres ..  Nice additions David. 

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...