The Aughton Valley Collection

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Jan was saying there's a total of 160 hrs in each of those 399's they do mate, I was amazed by the extra work done, even down to the lettering on the exhaust manifold ,all raised and readable 

I was astounded by the level of work and thought that goes into all the extra details in the 399s. Makes the money I paid for it seem like small change. There was no way I was leaving the Ijesselhallen without one mate. :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

Your 399 is an absolute corker David,best I've seen,and I like your pdc mf 3000's too

Thanks mate, very pleased with them all. Speaking of my 3000 series conversions.....Here they all are out of the cabinet just prior to heading off to Zwolle.

P1170544.JPG

• Like 3

That 399 is a fine model  & a hell of alot better than UHs lame effort.. Very nice additions David. ;) Those Fords also look a real treat..

Thanks Justin. Nice to add a bit more blue power to my fleet too. Delighted with the Fords that came home with me. :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Nice additions David, you have brought a fair bit of HP back with you. 

Thanks Martin. Nice to bring back some of the bigger artics. I've been looking for some of those for several years. Nice to be able to find them, and pick them up for a good price. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Fair sized haul you had there David :)...... hope you not going to run out of cabinet space ;)

Thanks Paul, delighted with models I brought back. Reckon i've enough space to last me a few more shows before I go looking for another cheap cabinet. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lovely additions David I must try & get my hands on the Replicagri Renault & Fiat down the line.  Fraters TWs also look well.. I was contemplating getting the TWs from Steve ..but in the end I bought a 15 & 35 off the shop shelf & tweeked them myself. Are the decals on Steves TWs original Britains or his own ?? They seem better .. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Lovely additions David I must try & get my hands on the Replicagri Renault & Fiat down the line.  Fraters TWs also look well.. I was contemplating getting the TWs from Steve ..but in the end I bought a 15 & 35 off the shop shelf & tweeked them myself. Are the decals on Steves TWs original Britains or his own ?? They seem better .. 

Thanks ever so much Justin. Very pleased with them all. They're Steve's own decals on the TWs. They look so much better than the original ones Britains brought out, which I won't go anywhere near for my collection. I'll keep sticking to conversions from those three tractors. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadMark said:

I'm not complaining but the bonnet looks a different colour to the rest of the tractor and don't look right to me.

Whilst I agree with you, the entire model does need re-spraying for it to look even better, and there's arguabley a whole list of other accessories you could add to further enhance   the Britains toy. That said, the tweaks that have been made to this tractor make it look so much better than the original Britains produced. :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MadMark said:

Yes the tweaks do make it better than the original Britians, but there again if I took a dump on an original one it would look better>:D its just to me it looks out of place with the colours. Mind you at least it is the model number it's men't to be as some of the offerings on ebay of late where someone has bought a job lot of TW15's and just put new decals on trying to make out it's anything from a 6710 upto a 8210!! At the end of the day if your happy with it then all that matters David, it's just me being picky;)

Likewise I can be very picky and discerning at times when looking at releases from the major manufacturers, and converted models. :) Being a huge sentimental fan of Britains ( like so many people ) because of the childhood memories that remain from running an almost exclusively Britains based carpet farm in the past I was looking forward to the later Q cabbed TWs. I'd bought the previous 10, 20, and 30, that for a toy, looked OK, and I just know I would have been very excited to receive for them for my carpet had they been released in that guise back in the '80s. The later 15, 25, 35 they have released would look better if they were flushed down the toilet, let alone dumped on. :D  I just know had the later versions been released as they have done now back when I was a kid, i'd have been disappointed. Steven's tweaks to them are a much better reflection of the carpet farming toy that Britains should have released in the first place, and they look great lined up together in one of my cabinets. If I want a TW with far more detail to sit in one of my other blue line ups, then i'm quite happy, and more than prepared to pay three or four times more than I did for the Britains conversion for a UH or MarGe model to be given the works. :)    

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, smithy said:

Thanks for sharing pictures David some nice additions to your collection, also clad to see you got home ok 

You're welcome mate, thanks ever so much. Took it very steady back up home. It's now down at my mate's garage getting pulled apart. :)

2 minutes ago, walterderwent said:

You're welcome mate, thanks ever so much. Took it very steady back up home. It's now down at my mate's garage getting pulled apart. :)

We did not leave till today as it would have been a long day after packing up got home about 5pm, let us now how you get on with car hope its not to serous and good luck  

• Like 1

Just now, smithy said:

We did not leave till today as it would have been a long day after packing up got home about 5pm, let us now how you get on with car hope its not to serous and good luck  

Thanks mate, I will do. :) I really hope it's nothing too major to sort out. 

• Like 1