The Snow Topic

BC

That sounds about right! I've never heard so much hysteria over a couple of cm. of snow.

We currently have about 40mm and it's -5 tonight.

It is a bit of a poor effort indeed. Internet, radio and television do their utmost best to spook people and tell them the end is near! Was -8/-9 here last night. Getting chilly now!

Well, they were right! The forecast was very accurate and here this morning we've woken up to 4 inches plus of snow coming in on a very strong S Easterly wind and it's still snowing quite hard. Here's a quick snap looking down the garden.

post-806-0-47439600-1358500934_thumb.jpg

Snow started here on Sunday night and continued throughout yesterday finally ceasing late afternoon when I went out and brushed 8 inches off my car before it froze solid.  It did snow some more after but at least my car is not in a white jacket as I do have to go out today.

The road through the village has at last been treated (sometime last night) and although it is slushy it is passable with care - yesterday there was no way!  Local farmer did come along with a snowplough on a tractor a few times during the day, if he hadn't the gritting would have been a waste of time. 

Been out clearing snow since 7 this morning, just stopped for a quick snack and then get back to it, ended up towing an ambulance up a road with its siren blaring, a woman had had a heart attack but luckily it didn't take long to get the ambulance to there house, snows still falling, coming up to 4 inches in place but the 5ft ditching buckets making light work off it, hopefully get the day off the morra but who knows,