Starbrush Aka Phil Hairsine Has Died, R.i.p

I got the very sad news yesterday that Phil Hairsine ( STARBRUSH) was tragically killed yesterday 21st February @ 1:15 am ,

his car left the m62 motorway and ended up in a field by the side of the road ,

he was pronounced dead at the science .

tragic news and my thoughts and feelings go out to all his family at this very sad time

he will be missed greatly by all who knew him and dealt with his at shows and events in the model world ,

a great scratch builder who had a eye for detail ,

i will miss our chats in the workshop about new models and ideas ,

he was a great input into my models and a vast knowledge about tractors and machinery .

rest in peace phil ,

will miss you, dave & family

Dreadful news. Only feels like 5 minutes ago I was chatting with Phil and admiring his fantastic work / display at Newark in November. A very fine model maker, incredibley passionate about this wonderful hobby. My sincerest condolences go out to his family.

Such a tragic loss of a very talented man, Phil will be missed by many in the model world, and by us the Lancashire Lads and Lasses of Ribble Valley Model Farm & Construction, Phil and Star were our East Yorkshire division and spent many an hour at shows with us and taking time to help and share his knowledge of scratch building and customising models.

We'll miss you bud,

Rest In Peace

ive taken a while to post here, i was the first person in the model world his family contacted yesterday, they asked me to post on here but i couldnt find words to tell people, thanks to dave for starting the thread.

i was so shocked to here the news, phil was one of my dearest friends and im devistated as are all the people ive had to contact for the family and break the sad news to, thanks must go to axe man (paul) who has been a star ringing round phils friends for me, as i get more details from his family of the funeral etc i will post on here, i know dave and myself along with the ribble vally lads will be going to pay our last respects.

feel free to contact me if you need any info etc or if you are in need of contacting his brother.

its hard to think that when i was speaking to phil on sunday nite that would be the last conversaion we would ever have, thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him, sleep well phil, i will always remember you, love mike and jenny