What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

mf 36 combine parked up guess it was winter barley  or wheat he had cut, as it was all round baled and sat ready to pick up , seem plenty of cut fields today up north cornwall way around  the padstow area. all have been barley or wheat,  not  seen any rape at all , 

• Like 1

Saw one JD Combine on my drive home but by next week the same drive should see loads of activity:)...….Rape looks ready in places as is the barley.   And I will be getting my camera ready for tomorrows drive home as I passed a triple axle Annaburg trailer or similar on the back of a 2018 CASE Magnum Rowtrac 380:o trundling along a fen road.  I didn't have time to follow her unfortunately but I will be back:P...…………...I now know where 5 or 6 Rowtrac 380s are and just as many T8 blue versions,  these half track tractors have really started to catch on!!

44 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Saw one JD Combine on my drive home but by next week the same drive should see loads of activity:)...….Rape looks ready in places as is the barley.   And I will be getting my camera ready for tomorrows drive home as I passed a triple axle Annaburg trailer or similar on the back of a 2018 CASE Magnum Rowtrac 380:o trundling along a fen road.  I didn't have time to follow her unfortunately but I will be back:P...…………...I now know where 5 or 6 Rowtrac 380s are and just as many T8 blue versions,  these half track tractors have really started to catch on!!

It wasn't this one was it,A Perard Interbenne 46,first one in the U.K.picture from Perards Facebook page.

Regards

Joe.

Perard.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Its similar but the tractor had a Pecks dealer sticker on it,  also I think the trailer was all red and the unfilling arm was at the rear.

I think whoever took the picture,or someone commenting said it was in the Wolds,.

Regards

Joe.

Well I think there might be a tracked T8 New Holland version pulling a Bergman chaser bin out and about as well this year,  the great news is that one of the locals has traded in his Lex 780 for this stunning yellow New Holland CR10:90 and he has also got two tracked T8s, a T7hd and a few Fendts including a new 1050 and pots and pots of cash...…..obviously!!!  Although curiously only 2000 acres:huh:

couple of newish nh combines working away ,one in rape the other winter barley by the looks of it, alongside the a30, also saw a field being opened up, but couldn't see the combine over the brow of the hill, but did see the dust, luckily on the way back i did see it, very nice and tidy deutz fahar m35.80, not a huge header but it had cleared a fair part of the field in  the few hours since i went past. pair of very old battered looking marston trailers sat waiting collection, prob 6/7 tonners,  both with old bags rammed in the tailgates, but no sign of an tractor getting them.

Bateman contour on a d reg

MF 3075 on row crops with sulky fert spreader, then a john deere 6534 pulling a bailey flatbed loaded with brassicas to be transplanted,also jd6120m on rowcrops with liquid nitrogen ground injector to help bring on some broccolli

One spot for Joe today,wish I could of got pictures

on the road in convoy on the a52 this afternoon two Fendt ideal combines with two fendt 700's pulling the header trolleys,headers all fitted up with osr extension tables and twin side knives,those combines are massive :blink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Last week a farm near me cut osr with a case 8230. Next day it was disced and ploughed today it was being drilled by cat 865 i think,don't know what was going on the ground. 

Probably a so call catch crop , cant remember all the sorts but it soaks up the nitrogen in the soil so it don't get leached out then with the right drill you drill wheat/barley straight into it or you run a set of discs though and drill as cover crop breaks down it releases the nitrogen back to the main crop , so we are told makes a bit more work and burns a bit more diesel     

Got stuck behind DOEs New Holland CR9.90 Demo combine today for a good 2 miles along with several other road users,  when it turned off down a farm road everyone sped up...……………..this lasted 1/4 mile as we then got stuck behind Waldersley estates new John Deere 790i:D...…….what I can say is the snazzy yellow machine was moving quicker and if it hadn't turned off I reckon it would have caught up with the lumbering JD and then performed a daredevil overtaking manoeuvre on the dull Deere:P:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, SPN said:

Met a 1455 with a 14 ton silage trailer between Tullamore and Kilbeggan.

Then I met a second one.

Then  a third.

The first was a transition model, the other two were facelift models.

Rory Day needs to know about this methinks.

Wait a minute, was this fleet in classic tractor lately?

4 hours ago, ford man said:

Wait a minute, was this fleet in classic tractor lately?

Yes..there was a feature on a contractor around the midlands with a fleet of imaculate Case IH 1455XLs with RedRock trailers & a Claas Jag last month on Classic Tractor. Must be..!!

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 10:23 PM, weblet375 said:

Last week a farm near me cut osr with a case 8230. Next day it was disced and ploughed today it was being drilled by cat 865 i think,don't know what was going on the ground. 

I was talkIng To the Driver on the cat he was drillIng Next Years Barley.!!.

Ive been trying to get shots of one of the locals new New Holland CR10.90 but so far theyve been working where I cant get close to them,  its rather annoying as everyday its getting dirtier:P also thevye got a Blue power T7.315 pulling a big new Richard Western chaser bin after it...………………...Im also trying to track down a CASE Magnum Rowtrac with large red chaser bin which ive seen once pre harvest, shouldn't be hard to find:lol:

Edited by bluegreen

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted the new Fendt T9 last week in a big field of wheat,  I pulled over to catch it on its way back down the field but it lifted its reel out of the crop emptied its load and packed up for the day out of camera shot...……………….nevermind Im not keen on them anyway,  should paint them green imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I saw some artics ploughing. There was a new holland 946  John deere 8650 and two fw 30 . They all had dowdswell ploughs behind them and were being filmed by a camera crew. They were beside  a140 little stonham. Wish I had a camera with me.

• 4 weeks later...