Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

I have driven a friend's real one from 1948 and a real test Paul since the brake is for the left foot but the clutch is on the right foot like it's predecessor the Fordson N...very confusing from a part time tractor driver who expects the clutch on the left and the brakes on the right ;D   ;D

• Like 1

Now a slight change of shade of blue..... to another Leyland :) ...... a 154 this time, Based on a UH MF35x, converted by FTF member Tracterror or a.k.a. Kev.R.Stewart. built in 2009, to go alongside my Leyland collection to celebrate 40 years of Leyland tractors ;)

IMG_0518_zps25a8ba6b.jpg

IMG_0519_zps70a10181.jpg

IMG_0520_zps0e2a9014.jpg

IMG_0521_zps48fe1efa.jpg

I have driven a friend's real one from 1948 and a real test Paul since the brake is for the left foot but the clutch is on the right foot like it's predecessor the Fordson N...very confusing from a part time tractor driver who expects the clutch on the left and the brakes on the right ;D   ;D

I've never had the chance of a drive of an E27N despite there regular appearance at both uncles's workshops, though a P6 powered version was on dads wishlist for many a year....... maybe one day ;)

i am in awe of your collection paul. absolutely flippin fantastic. keep them coming.

Cheers Chris, thanks, didn't think there be too many takers as 1/16th a bit different.... just over halfway through the collection so i hope you like whats left to come  ::)  ::)  

Edited by Valley Axe Man

I want that Leyland 154 but in 1:32 scale 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ahhhhhhh now then Mike........... i can help you with that. Dave at Towse Trading does a 1/32nd 154 Leyland based on a Fergy chassis, and Ken Davies offers a Nuffield BMC 4/25 based on the same chassis. Both reside here in the Valley..... i take a couple of pics and post them up with their bigger brother :)  ;)

More lovely stuff. The wee Leyland is a clever idea.  ^-^

Thanks John, are you a bit of a Leyland fan at heart? ???? Aye the idea was born after seeing a couple of 154's parked next to a fergy......... Kev then took a couple of pics and he delivered a box a couple of weeks later. It might not be 100% accurate but neither are UH!!! :laugh:  :laugh:

Simply stunning collection Paul

I had no idea you had so many stunning models in such a big scale

Awesome mate

Thanks Bazza :)  :) There still alot more to come yet!!.... The collection just sort of happened way back when UH released the Power Major, a couple of Fergies followed soon after, but they were traded against some more blues. Then i bit the bullet ordered my first two models off Andy at Classic........ and got addicted. The rest is history as i kept it going to be a bit different to the majority of collectors...... although i still got a hell of a lot of 1/32nd stuff, but 1/16th the future for me! ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

And on to what could be the 2nd to last of my Roadless tractors, ( until i find that elusive  RJN Roadless Super Major and the collection grows) This time a DBP Roadless 75, which is also the last DBP in the collection.........

IMG_0533_zps79460741.jpg

IMG_0532_zps4b87ae61.jpg

IMG_0531_zps3fe34afa.jpg

IMG_0534_zps4bba1371.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 3

From memory the last Roadless in the collection, a 2wd Roadless conversion on an E27N Skid, by UH, The real tractors built for forestry use and Roadless converted some Long wheelbase Landys at around the same time to 4 equal sized tractor wheels, both vehicles had wider front axles to allow a bit of steering lock, but also so that the axles didn't drive on the same ground in bad conditions. Cuthbertson took the landy conversions a step further by adding tracks to each corner..... a rare beast nowadays.

........ come to think of it there should be Roadless Dexta hiding somewhere........ the Roadless chapter of the collection might not be over just yet!!!!

IMG_0542_zps1b05e90c.jpg

IMG_0541_zps842bc610.jpg

IMG_0543_zps4a38708b.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man