Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Cheers Martin :) Aye Andy does a great job with his builds, I'd love a square baler, perhaps a Bamfords, a New Holland or a Nash and a flat 8 sled. There are a couple of things still in the pipeline but they be as and when, Andy gets time for them, a push off buck rake being one on the little list :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Martin :) Aye Andy does a great job with his builds, I'd love a square baler, perhaps a Bamfords, a New Holland or a Nash and a flat 8 sled. There are a couple of things still in the pipeline but they be as and when, Andy gets time for them, a push off buck rake being one on the little list :) 

Now a baler would be something special! The detail that could potentially be built into it is huge and going by the rest of your models, it wouldn't be lacking in that area. What breed is your buck rake, parmiter?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mb86 said:

Now a baler would be something special! The detail that could potentially be built into it is huge and going by the rest of your models, it wouldn't be lacking in that area. What breed is your buck rake, parmiter?

Aye a baler would be something special all right Martin, not on the list as yet though as Andy got a few big projects on going for various folk without the challenge of a baler. The buck rake that's in build I think is a twose push off, that Andy found local to him.

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Nice additions you have there Paul , a farm near me had a pair of them Bamford Wufflers a yellow one like yours and a blue one , I can remember using them several years ago the drive belt on the side used to run with a twist in it to get it round the corner of the machine which most of the time was ok but now and again would turn upside down and tack the edges of the belt had to keep your eye out for bit of smoke coming out from behind the guard

• Like 2

Cheers Smithy :)  It's good that a photo or two bring the memories flooding back, even if they aren't always good ones ;)

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Nice additions you have there Paul , a farm near me had a pair of them Bamford Wufflers a yellow one like yours and a blue one , I can remember using them several years ago the drive belt on the side used to run with a twist in it to get it round the corner of the machine which most of the time was ok but now and again would turn upside down and tack the edges of the belt had to keep your eye out for bit of smoke coming out from behind the guard

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Two more additions to the collection from the recent HEMS show at Burnley a couple of weeks ago, in the shape of a Browns spring tine cultivator and a single leg subsoiler, was nice to get a few of the models out and have them on display alongside Andy's own table of projects and work in progress.

IMG_2531.JPGIMG_2533.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2535.JPGIMG_2536.JPG

• Like 8

Grand job Martin, look forward to meeting you. Hijack away Smithy hahaha :) Don't think Andy's done a Browns drag like yours yet, possibly I think he done a Bamlett. Though nice to see your full sized version, thanks for posting it up :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

It's a bit of a job to pick out a single model to comment on!! Blimey, some serious overtime hours in that lot!! I do like that Farmhand loader, mind. Having picked up two Ford setups just like that a few years ago from a farm in Kent. As for that old lowloader trailer... that's cracking. Does the rear bogey detach as per the real deal?

• Like 1

There's a few other bits and bobs that I've talked to Andy about before we get to a Scammell for the front of it Tris but would certainly make an impressive rig, be a bit like a one of Andy's Douglas pole timber trailers hitched up to a Matador one day..... be a serious bit of kit 8)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you eagle eyed forum members might have spotted a new addition to my collection in the pictures that David posted in the Lakeland thread, so here's a few pics of the latest addition to the collection in the shape of a 15 row MF30 drill, again built by Andy, in grain and fertilizer format, fitted with a folding screw type drawbar jack (shown folded up) and disc coulters, with the addition of a pair of markers it's fairly standard spec and includes roughly around 1000 individual bits to build the finished model

IMG_2563.JPGIMG_2565.JPGIMG_2566.JPGIMG_2567.JPGIMG_2571.JPGIMG_2575.JPGIMG_2576.JPGIMG_2579.JPG

• Like 9