Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Cheers for all the likes and comments:), aye still a handy bit of kit to have about in real life, sometimes a 6 or 8m  tedder or rake isn't the best weapon to have and there's still a place for smaller and older gear about on farms that still has a good days work in it ;).  

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice tractor Paul.  Looks the part ..;)

Cheers Justin :), would be alot more common with a cab, but no doubt there will have been plenty that have lost their cabs over the years to end up on a scraper or to fit under low sheds for bedding up. I know of a couple of cabless examples higher up the country and over the border into Scotland, a 270, and could be a 262 that were both converted to shell type wings to reduce abit of weight so the owner could trailer them to shows legally behind his Discovery. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Not exactly part of my collection but i do have a couple of 16th versions.........Spotted this at Flookburgh yesterday at the Cumbria Steamfair, The tractor measured up by Russell and Brian that they built and based their Nuffield 10/60 on, Un-fortunatley they never reproduced the sliding hubs and long halfshafts on the rear axle but here's KPY 280E in all her glory :) 

IMG_4408.thumb.JPG.654b0794003762bed568c5f311648858.JPGIMG_4409.thumb.JPG.16c188f2bc23f97ade5fa7d81dd9b27f.JPGIMG_4410.thumb.JPG.05adb052fa56443f40f4c9cce5e705df.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, 844john said:

Very nice Paul, that Deere looks a beauty, and the drill is a work of art!

21 hours ago, alf aphid said:

That john Deere is absolutely stunning !! 

20 hours ago, mb86 said:

The deere is a cracker Paul but there is unbelievable detail on that drill, looks to me like it'd sow grass if you could find some 16th scale seed. Stunning work. B)

20 hours ago, b_emmons said:

they both look great Paul :)

11 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Beautiful models Paul. The JD is stunning . The detail on both is top notch ..

Thanks for the comments and likes lads, Aye Andy done a great job converting the the original Spec-cast John Deere 2020,  and the Moore must have taken a bit of work especially to spring it all underneath. Although i'm quite surprised that one of you didn't comment about the missing toplink ;).... there is one i just not got round to fitting it yet :D 

• Like 2

Two more lovely models Paul , many years ago I pulled a Moore drill behind my Ford 7600 4wd for a dairy farmer not far away from me reseeding some of his grassland I think he had borrowed the drill of somebody but his tractor would not pull it , the farmer and his dairy herd sadly went a few years back . Thanks for sharing pictures .

• Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 6:30 AM, smithy said:

Two more lovely models Paul , many years ago I pulled a Moore drill behind my Ford 7600 4wd for a dairy farmer not far away from me reseeding some of his grassland I think he had borrowed the drill of somebody but his tractor would not pull it , the farmer and his dairy herd sadly went a few years back . Thanks for sharing pictures .

Cheers Smithy, :) glad the Moore drill brings back a few memories for you,  although sadly over the past few years quite a few dairy farms have sold up. Milk used to go to local dairies which most too have long since gone only the big players or hard grafters now make money at milk.....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...