Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

did,nt realise you had so much 1/16 stuff paul and i like the 5000 on the big boots looks much better

Cheers John :) , aye there quite a bit of 1/16th kicking about the place and there still quite a bit to go. I'm thinking of taking the wheel weights off the big booted 5000 to make it a bit more different to the 7000/7600 standard releases, although that tractor has the big boots, it is built up on a 5000 chassis so when you lift the bonnet there no turbo and there no assister ram on the linkage ;)

Having seen a good few of these models the photos are good and the models are better!!!!    FANTASTIC COLLECTION PAUL.  

Thanks Kenny :laugh:  :laugh: . I'd say over the years that you and Shirley have seen quite alot of the collection as its grown and been added to, although you have some interesting 1/16th models yourself. I have a lack of "red triple triangle" tractors in the collection (as said in the past that i'd leave them to a man in the know....... You!!)   but i've got a couple of MF trailers....... I'll bring some of the collection up to gretna to display  :)  

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Andy does have a couple of PZ items in his portfolio Wil, and a couple of which are in my collection, a topper and a haybob, so maybe his licence would allow a mower.....

Glad your liking the collection so far, i'll post up another couple of implements and start on some more of the tractors!

....... A PZ Haybob, just the thing after knocking all that grass down with those two Claas mowers!! :laugh:  :laugh: , Again by Andy at Classic, all the tines are individually bolted on, a model of beauty.........and sharp points !! :laugh:  :laugh:

IMG_0490_zps1623c9c7.jpg

IMG_0489_zps81df2b55.jpg

IMG_0488_zps42d7946e.jpg

IMG_0487_zps8c046571.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

Any jobs where you work Paul.....you seem to work hard and long and spend your money well like myself ;D   ;D

That'd be a fair way for you to travel to work!!! I enjoy what i do Bill, though sometimes you've to take the rough with the smooth but every job a challenge. It all helps bring payday, but i'd sooner buy one bespoke hand built model that i can relate to......rather than a handful that i can't.

In a way, it marvels me how Andy does what he does, when you scale up some of the bends that he does at 1/16th, we'd struggle to do that on our machines at full size. :laugh:  :laugh:  

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Hi Paul,

been looking at your postings for some time now and I am very impressed by your collection! I do also collect a lot of 1/16th Fords, but that is not a nice as yours. The conversions made from the UH's are great but the Claas mowers and the Haybob are the best I've ever seen. A real credit to Andy.

One word about the Ford 4600 you made. Did you consider changing the front axle tombstone, because on the real tractors it is different from the 4 cylinder versions.

How many work went into making the Deluxe Ford 5000 version, did you start with a force 5000 and a cabbed 7000 and put the cab on the 5000?

Hope to see some great models soon!

Hi Paul,

been looking at your postings for some time now and I am very impressed by your collection! I do also collect a lot of 1/16th Fords, but that is not a nice as yours. The conversions made from the UH's are great but the Claas mowers and the Haybob are the best I've ever seen. A real credit to Andy.

One word about the Ford 4600 you made. Did you consider changing the front axle tombstone, because on the real tractors it is different from the 4 cylinder versions.

How many work went into making the Deluxe Ford 5000 version, did you start with a force 5000 and a cabbed 7000 and put the cab on the 5000?

Hope to see some great models soon!

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your comments :)

Yes Andy's work is something else.... it takes 1/16th models to the next level :), glad you like my Doe conversions too.

The 4000's that i have done do still have the 5000 tombstone, but the 4600 that is work in progress at the minute will hopefully have the proper one ;)

The Deluxe cabbed 5000 was mostly built out of left overs from the Doe projects, but yes your spot on Jack :) in essence its a Ford force 5000, and then swap the wings and footplates for the cab and floor pan off the 7000, the first couple i did i kept the 5000 wheels but i fancied one on the bigger wheels of the 7000, it's a fairly simple conversion, maybe a couple of hours tops.

I'll be back to posting a few more tractors before carrying on with some more of the implements, hope you like the rest of the collection :)

excellent hay bob . it even has the authentic un guarded p. t. o. shaft. ;D

its one cracking collection you got there

Thanks David, i'm glad your liking the models that i've collected over the past few years :) , good news is there is still more to come, but your spot on about the Haybob, Andy's models are expensive by comparison to others, but they are fanastic and true works of art :)

The PZ Haybob is one nice piece of kit. Like it alot. Fantastic Paul. 

Cheers Justin, I'd like to put some of the machinery to work in a couple of small dio's.... if i ever get time  :laugh: :laugh:   There a ploughed field base and a mowing/single chop silage base, plus fellside forest, that i have at present but think getting some working pics would make some of the models look even better :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man