Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Very Very Nice Paul,I thought you always busy at work and had no time to build these models?But glad you have done these as these are top notch!!!!

Thanks Shaun. Work does get in the way alot...... but it gives me the money to spend on the collection :)  The Doe's, Timber tractors, Majors, 4000s and the 5000s are my handiwork, but the rest are either standard shelf models or handbuilt low volume.

Is 1/16th big?....Yes.....Is 1/16th expensive?.......It can be!!........Is it something a bit different?......Definatley!!!!

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Wow. Very impressed with that lot. Great collection Paul. Would you consider doing a 4600,5600 & 6600 from the UH Ford 7600 . Just an idea to add to such a fine collection of BLUES.

Thanks Justin, there still more to come so watch this space....... Funny you should mention the 4600 and 6600, both ongoing projects but the workbench a bit crowded with other stuff too, at the last count there was a Nuffield Uni4, the 4600,  the 6600, another Doe, a 6 pot major, and a pre force 5000 thats in the process of gaining a turbo..... a bit more poke for the chopper!!   :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

What brilliant stuff!

The Leyland and loader is superb - having second thoughts about 1/16th models already when I see your collection.

Cheers John, Credit for the Leyland has to go to Andy :) Years ago i told myself i'd steer clear of 1/16th and only collect 1/32nd but how times change!!! There still alot more to come to tempt you even more!!!

Thanks Justin, there still more to come so watch this space....... Funny you should mention the 4600 and 6600, both ongoing projects but the workbench a bit crowded with other stuff too, at the last count there was a Nuffield Uni4, the 4600,  the 6600, another Doe, a 6 pot major, and a pre force 5000 thats in the process of gaining a turbo..... a bit more poke for the chopper!!   :laugh:  :laugh:

Excellent Paul . Looking forward to seeing those when finished,  Especially my old favourite, the 4600. :)

I do like that Leyland and loader and attachments Paul....it so nice to see a rarer tractor as a model plus I have driven a Leyland carting grain and with a Cameron Gardner rear loader.Happy memories many many years ago and sadly no pictures of the L reg tractor.

• Like 1

I do like that Leyland and loader and attachments Paul....it so nice to see a rarer tractor as a model plus I have driven a Leyland carting grain and with a Cameron Gardner rear loader.Happy memories many many years ago and sadly no pictures of the L reg tractor.

Glad you like the Leyland Bill, it's definatley something different, but also glad it brings back happy and good memories for you from days gone by :)

surprised you havnt made any bales for that browns grab paul?? would be good to see if it grabbed and worked as per

It probably would work Sean, but the bales would have to be made of the right stuff, dense enough to pack into a bale but loose enough to allow the tines to bite in.

Edited by Valley Axe Man

............ But then when my Kidd Rotoflail and first Weeks silage trailer was delivered from Classic Combines, a need for a second trailer arose whilst waiting for the second Weeks to be built ::) ....... so i built my own farm based silage top to be able to put the Petit to good use ;)

IMG_0453_zps16c7a14c.jpg

IMG_0455_zpsc5bf79d4.jpg

The Blue Weeks +40s, 4.5ton with full front loading silage kit, By Andy at Classic Combines, the one with the metal tailgate was part of my first purchase off Andy, The Petit filling in until the second followed soon after, but built with Week's Tite-on rear door and a larger upper chute.

IMG_0467_zpsbfca06fb.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsabc27dc2.jpg

IMG_0460_zps83cca282.jpg

IMG_0463_zps4f83a004.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

What a collection oh by the way do you like Fords?

Thanks Oliver, there more of the collection yet to come :)  Fords are my 2nd choice, Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall are my thing but models of these tractors are fairly limited in terms of collectable volume so the collection is bulked up by Fords and Fordsons as well as my implement collection. :)

Guest WiltsMF

Thanks Oliver, there more of the collection yet to come :)  Fords are my 2nd choice, Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall are my thing but models of these tractors are fairly limited in terms of collectable volume so the collection is bulked up by Fords and Fordsons as well as my implement collection. :)

Splendid looking on in anticipation

A bit of a break from the trailers, with something to fill them :)  It's Classic's 48" Offset Kidd Rotoflail, which formed the other half of my first order that got me hooked on Classic Combines's models..........

IMG_0469_zpsa2898d41.jpg

IMG_0470_zps2a571061.jpg

This model includes the Kidd designed "slam hitch" which was a simple pick up hitch rather than the standard clevis style..............

IMG_0471_zpsa863f087.jpg

........... and also a full rotor of flails :)

IMG_0472_zps2b6db3de.jpg

• Like 1