What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy for 2015?

Gav836

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used my Christmas money to order a Britains fieldside NC slurry tanker, Replicagri Kuhn front mower, UH New Holland T5.115 with loader and a cheap 1/32 Globe Land Rover Defender. No idea if the Land Rover will look any good since its a pull back and go toy, but it has opening front doors, which is an improvement over the Britains one

I also received a Ros Big X 580, Big M 500 and UH New Holland T7.225 for Christmas. I only took the T7 and Big X out the boxes so far. The Big X is a fab model, nice and heavy, lots of detail and decent headers. It's let down by poor QC by Ros. The paint application isn't the best up close but I'm very happy with it. Glad to see a mid size machine well represented in 1 32

The T7 is decent. Roughly the same dimentions as the T7.210/ T6090, since its a short wheelbase T7. Nice model. No issues with QC and thankfully the front link arms are tight

I know Britains are due to release a T7.315 HD, but I would like to see an updated long wheelbase T7 from Ros to replace the T7.270

I bought the two new Britains David Browns just before Christmas. Nice models, if a little suspect in some of the details. I had to look hard to find examples with well painted window seals, though. Come on Tomy, don't let yourselves down with such silly quality control gaffs! Still have to complete my set of Britains Fords and will probably end up with a couple more JDs, even though I'm not a great green fan. Next year I'll be aiming for some of the new UH models - primarily the Fordsons.

It's battery powered, looks simple enough to use , just got to get a few other bits ready so I can rebuild the verges etc properly and away I go, should also allow me to finish off the farm house side of the layout with luck, been watching a few vids on YouTube on the best way to get the right look

Be interesting to see how you get on, reading up on railway forums it seems to be 50/50 on whether they're any better than a puffer bottle. I fancy making one of the mosquito zapper meets metal sieve redneck versions in the future when I get onto making larger fields for Torrax Hill.

4 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Be interesting to see how you get on, reading up on railway forums it seems to be 50/50 on whether they're any better than a puffer bottle. I fancy making one of the mosquito zapper meets metal sieve redneck versions in the future when I get onto making larger fields for Torrax Hill.

I will put some pics up when I do it James, found a very good site who went through the works dio wise ,it was all train stuff,but the same principles will apply I guess, 

From Doncaster toyfair yesterday I picked up a UH T7.225 Blue Power, almost bought another of the 32nd scale UH blue/grey majors, and there were a very clean and original green boxed spade lugged Britain's E27n with driver....... but stall holder wasn't budging much from his asking price.

Archived