colour variations

Another recent buy arrived today , not seen it before but appears to be origonal , a mf red old school cultivator ,with all grey plastics inc wheels ,it  has paint loss and no signs of any other colour under it , as you can see , against my other orange and red frames it is different 

41A2C63E-1BFB-428F-B76E-9645C191F0DE.jpeg

01BBA3DA-7B4A-45F5-929A-16B43B95C011.jpeg

1E20E615-9879-45B8-87AB-45535E6004E7.jpeg

3F680E05-175C-4693-BA8F-1530678B026F.jpeg

• Like 2

leap of faith i guess,i wouldnt say hundreds of colours , but i have found ,  if they are real others will have them ,just because after 45 odd years collecting i didnt  see them ,doesn't mean they ain't out there, hence asking like the orange discs i have coming coming, they are just rare,theres also rollers in that colour which someone has i have subsequently found out from asking about the discs. so far i have not found anything different colours wise on the implements to the 10 ? colours i have in the small ploughs, but you never know 

• Like 1

Since you seem to be the right person to ask, did Britains ever do several versions of the acrobat rake? I've gotten a few orange ones, but my oldest (which I've had since childhood) is blue and red. Might be a different brand..?

• Like 1

only acrobat rakes i know of are the normal orange one,and rare hard to find green one, i am missi g that one so far , i have a feeling lonestar or someone did do a very close copy in blue with red tines ,and maybe the red one you mention ,certainly seen pics and ebay items with them in 

• Like 1

wasnt 100% but lone star was in my head, they also did a red 3 furrow reversable plough like the britains ones, but it has a extra bar on the frame, and a red copy of the small non reversable plough to, only difference bar no britains lettering is the wheel, its black on theres, so very easy to be mislead with those if you see them,and are looking for the real britains ones 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

failed photo uplaod ?? was the file to big ,needs to be under 7 meg size wise 

Everything seems to be in order with the files, but for a good few weeks I have had issues with uploading. Especially photos from my phone, some works others don't. Seems to be fine with the ones taken by camera though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Janval said:

Everything seems to be in order with the files, but for a good few weeks I have had issues with uploading. Especially photos from my phone, some works others don't. Seems to be fine with the ones taken by camera though.

weird, will have a look at your settings when i get  time 

• Thanks 1

and a strange one now, hopefully someone has one ?? or can shed some light or knowledge of others .at present i am 50/50 to it poss being a respray. its got the normal chips on the hitch area, and a few corners on the metal part of the boom, the tanks nice and tight with no signs of paint smudge or scraps on it from removal. where the paints missing i can not see anything but bare diecast metal. i had a carefull scratch in a descrete corner on the underside and again, bare metal. the greens pretty much the same as the small tipping trailers and old 8 wheeler trailer, if its been resprayed its been very very well done  and re assembled , but its showing the normal ware points paint wise ,so its been done some time 

BE8E518B-8BB5-4EC0-8B80-876FA5C436BB.jpeg

08038E8E-990C-4223-BB4D-FFDDF43C4F4A.jpeg

9AD9B96D-3EF0-4607-B664-0C3DB827FF68.jpeg

• Like 1

the colour matches ,and is infact pretty much the same as the landrover county green too.that said on the facebook pages its splitting opinions, and until i see others or know people who know of others it sort of worries me to in a way ,you generally hear tales of the different ones, like the orange discs .

i have often wonder with the old kit what colours are out there, like the rollers and discs,and cultivators . the old non window boxes show blue versions on the old cultivators, and green mule dozers , yellow rollers, orange rollers did they actualy make them,as i have found a blue cultivator ,  and orange rollers now . why make the boxes in shades not being made is my thoughts 

• Like 1

never knew of the purples till i hit the small ploughs, then discovered discs in it, both are very different shades to. the discs are not as shinny  as the camera makes them look to be honest, the ebay pics made them look more reddy orange than mule dozer orange, but yes they do look more that shade of orange in the flesh .i am pretty sure they are ok, paints nice and thick,they just look right, daft as that sounds,  no signs of tampering etc . i normally find it easy enough to spot in the flesh if anything has been dome to them.tell tale digs / marks in spots you need to prise open, little things like that 

• Like 1

made a start on the bamfords balers now, later brown chassis non rubber band version arived today, all intact ,tensioning handles and bale shoot all there, .will get a pic of them all together later,have also got a brown chassis with rubber band discharge rear end ,but not in as good condition, so they are out there 

51A6207C-97E1-46D8-8B6F-6CC52B8F2F3A.jpeg

023392CB-D019-4361-B2EC-9FE5D3F81471.jpeg

DF0EFB88-4A37-449B-A929-A9C7929ABC6E.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

I wonder if the Land Rover was painted in 135 chassis brown , & only 1 batch of them was produced . 

I presume you mean the LWB Land Rover? The 135 chassis is more of a grey colour and not at all like the brown of the LR