What really annoyed you today

4 hours ago, robbo said:

I have a model on order from a French seller, I have used him before and he usually posts quite quickly however, this time it is stuck in the back of a lorry whilst they sort out this mess and backlog at the ports. It is my Christmas pressie to myself but hopefully I should get it in the New Year

I have just had an email from the seller to say that they are currently unable to ship to the UK, Ireland and The Republic of Ireland, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Does anyone know if future purchases from European sellers will be subject to additional taxes following Brexit?

2 minutes ago, robbo said:

Does anyone know if future purchases from European sellers will be subject to additional taxes following Brexit?

That all depends on how HMCE and the Treasury decide to interpret the WTO rules, but probably.

On the other hand, you should be able to get VAT removed from purchases in EU, but UK equivalent of VAT will then be added on when it arrives

Charlie Foxtrot

16 minutes ago, robbo said:

I have just had an email from the seller to say that they are currently unable to ship to the UK, Ireland and The Republic of Ireland, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

I don't have an answer to you're query but at least your orders on its way. I put an order in last week with a German wholesaler and they cancelled the order and refunded the next day. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, weblet375 said:

The fact that people are not listening to the government and are meeting in large groups and having parties,so now Boris is going to lock down everything like last march.

The younger step monster's ex is a paramedic ambulance driver in London. I checked in with him the other day after seeing photos of the chaos outside the London hospitals. His ambulance is in one of the photos. He was sitting in a queue of ambulances with a Covid patient on board and they had to wait for 5 hours before being able to hand over the patient.

• Sad 3

• 4 months later...

bloody dhl.have a parcel that was due friday, between 18-19.00 , which never arrived, after my first go on the chat bot ,as you cant speak to anyone at all,no matter how hard you try.i was finally told the driver was to tired to finish his round, would be delivered saturday, no sorry or anything, at present nothing saturday, ,miss sunday and monday, updated via the tracker as 13-1400 today, still nothing, so 96 hours late now, chat bot and messenger do not reply, not even being read, and i have no idea where the parcel is.have now contacted the seller, and guess what,even they are getting no reply from them,even with then  being an  account holder,makes you wonder bow they survive, ,one things for sure you cant complain, as the facebook and other social media pages are all locked to them posting their praises only. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Parcel had finally arrived this morn apparently , dhl finally delivered  ,but  no apology from them no emails or calls to say where its been for 10 days odd , only reply i ever had was the first one , after that the automated system just didnt reply or track it .the box is damaged but the item inside is  ok luckily according to the wife 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Was up in euro auction in northern Ireland to picking stuff up for my brothers work some place 

20210628_152744.jpg

20210628_152740.jpg

20210628_152731.jpg

20210628_152733.jpg

Why did it annoy you Cyril?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a accident at work went to recover  a car with a broken osf spring,body work rubbing on wheel so jacked it up and put a wooden chock between the bodywork and the wishbone.the chock slipped and the car came down on arm,crushing it between the tyre and the wing.went to AE had a xray not broken just ligament damage.10 days rest.

• Sad 1

Ifor decided it was going to make its tyre go bang going round a roundabout, hell of a lot of smoke and a huge bang, managed to pull in to safety and safe to say its past it, annoying as only 2 years old and hardly used! one of them things thank god for a friend who was able to come rescue me, lesson learned always carry a spare!

215226552_942262656567652_8836161528440296738_n.thumb.jpg.bd0665c65a7e5327921b4a8a36d2beba.jpg

• Sad 1

just had yet another holiday cancelled , popped in this morning to start the refund process, after we paid up in full 2 weeks ago on the required date, apparently it will be mid aug before we see our cash back?? no idea why it takes so long to do it, neither had the travel agent dealing, main thing is its safe and its all coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

been dealing with a total *****d of a manager for a large construction company the last couple of days after 1 of my 5 sundays in a row for a major roadworks scheme was cancelled 2 weeks early due to the services on it,basically the 999 agencies objected and requested a date after the summer holidays in september, which we have to agree to due to service agreements, however mr boss man feels he's way more important, mainly due to the fact he's messed his levels up so two of our new manholes need rebuilding (400k’s worth of work hes being re billed for  from us ) and hes got his drains levels wrong also ,  so thinks he can get out of it by pushing us to do stuff earlier than agreed illegally so to speak ,  my boss has now got involved and told him to stop emailing me ( no idea where he even got it from and should have had it) and deal with the allocated repayments planner ,after i had a sense of humour failure with him , and told him where to go ,had 23 emails today alone ,similar number yesterday as well as attempted phone calls (again no idea how he got my number, but i will find the culprit ) constantly trying to bully us into just doing it anyway. 

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

been dealing with a total *****d of a manager for a large construction company the last couple of days after 1 of my 5 sundays in a row for a major roadworks scheme was cancelled 2 weeks early due to the services on it,basically the 999 agencies objected and requested a date after the summer holidays in september, which we have to agree to due to service agreements, however mr boss man feels he's way more important, mainly due to the fact he's messed his levels up so two of our new manholes need rebuilding (400k’s worth of work hes being re billed for  from us ) and hes got his drains levels wrong also ,  so thinks he can get out of it by pushing us to do stuff earlier than agreed illegally so to speak ,  my boss has now got involved and told him to stop emailing me ( no idea where he even got it from and should have had it) and deal with the allocated repayments planner ,after i had a sense of humour failure with him , and told him where to go ,had 23 emails today alone ,similar number yesterday as well as attempted phone calls (again no idea how he got my number, but i will find the culprit ) constantly trying to bully us into just doing it anyway. 

You had a "sense of humour failure", hmm, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that, I know what you can get like when you have a strop 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robbo said:

You had a "sense of humour failure", hmm, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that, I know what you can get like when you have a strop 😄

Doesnt happen that often to be honest , my boss has only seen it once in 20 odd years working for him, but when it goes i do tend to be very blunt  , not sure he actually knew half the names i called him in the call , was nearly a site visit infact. Apparently he's been contacted by the repayments planning senior manager now and told much the same, all be it in a more acceptable language 😀 . And also had a good few extra hours billed against him for wasting my time, should never have got my email or phone details so the hunts on for who passed it on, got an idea as has my boss now 

• 2 weeks later...

As most know. I've been building up a little collection off vintage Britains over the last few years and I  still have alot off gaps to fill in that little collection.  Basicly I have been using Ebay as my main source off finding suitable items most off the time and I've got some dam fine examples there.  Some members here have also helped me source certain items.  The UK sellers on Ebay have the best and most to offer in comparison to the EU countries. So practically every item I sourced came from the UK.  Last night I was watching and found to bid on a Bamford baler. It was a complete example unboxed...no parts or decals missing.  Perfect for me. 

It was ending at around the €12... Not bad

Postage was coming in at €10... OK. but I've got better. 

This is the worst.  IMPORT CHARGES.. Again €10...

So...i think my Ebay days off vintage Britains hunting is coming to an end. Brexit has truly f**ked up the whole show. All I can say is what is the world coming to.  🤔😒

Due to lack of space I'd decided to cut up my collection of Classic Tractor and keep the articles I wanted in a ring binder and get rid of the rest.  Using a Stanley type knife to cut the binding off, I took my eye off it and removed a small piece of of top of left middle finger...blood +++ 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...