My Collection

844john

9 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Looks very quintessential of many a trailer across the country. Good choice of tractor on front too ;)

Thanks Zac, yes I think many an old lorry has ended up like that over the years, in fact thinking back to when I was younger the majority of flat trailers around here (and quite a few tippers as well) were cut down wagon chassis ...... recycling before it was even thought of!

20 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

If that reg number is authentic there is every chance that would have been a dray wagon for Scottish & Newcastle brewery's Fountain Bridge brewery in Edinburgh.

Regards

Joe.

I hope not Joe, it’s on one of our old Nash ‘s down the shed😉

SF was one of the registrations allocated to Edinburgh, back in the 70's the city was awash with S&N wagons,If you scroll down on this page you will see a very typical truck that was common sight back then a Bedford TK in the Maroon livery of S&N.

https://public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckphotos/scottish-trucks/edinburgh__the_loth/general_haulage/scottishnewcastlebr/?view=roll#7

Note the reg OSF 451 M, A wee bit earlier than your nash.

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

And with a wave of his magic scalpel......... John pulls yet another suprise off his cutting mat 😉 great work and very authentic trailer there John.... Was going to say a bit harsh on the Marshall being dragged out the hedge at this time of year haha but hey you just never know

Thanks Paul, don’t worry, the Marshall doesn’t live in the nettles as well, it just did the dragging!😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, catkom3 said:

SF was one of the registrations allocated to Edinburgh, back in the 70's the city was awash with S&N wagons,If you scroll down on this page you will see a very typical truck that was common sight back then a Bedford TK in the Maroon livery of S&N.

https://public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckphotos/scottish-trucks/edinburgh__the_loth/general_haulage/scottishnewcastlebr/?view=roll#7

Note the reg OSF 451 M, A wee bit earlier than your nash.

Regards

Joe.

Very interesting that thanks Joe, I wonder if our old Nash might have originated from Scotland then?

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Very interesting that thanks Joe, I wonder if our old Nash might have originated from Scotland then?

Back in that era John "most" reg's with an S in them were Scottish, there were a few exception, Fife as I recall was FG, But check them all out here, There was a similar setup in Wales where most Welsh registrations had a W in them.

https://www.drivearchive.co.uk/regcodes.htm

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good john, is the triffit one of your own builds?? as for the plough for the track marshall, hope you have it already, sure last time i looked they were not listed on nigel’s  website,as i did ponder another one 

Ploughs still on there Sean just checked 

10 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking good john, is the triffit one of your own builds?? as for the plough for the track marshall, hope you have it already, sure last time i looked they were not listed on nigel’s  website,as i did ponder another one 

Thanks Sean, yes the Triffit is another one that was started a few years ago and then just sat, trying to get a few old builds finished off when I get the chance. As for the plough, I quite fancy having a go at making my own to be honest

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 844john said:

After saying the other day that new gear doesn’t really interest me as much, I went to our local merchants for a pair of wellies and came out with one of these (I did remember the wellies as well though!😉)

0F83CA2C-8D1B-433A-AC8A-27A24FDC7B65.jpeg

A very decent model John, I did have one but collection size had got out of hand so I got rid of it.  Good price too

32 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

A very decent model John, I did have one but collection size had got out of hand so I got rid of it.  Good price too

I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while to be honest Joe, even though I prefer older gear, but after seeing it in the flesh I was quite impressed with it, so I thought why not. In all honesty, I can’t understand why Britain’s don’t do more of this type of thing, as with Siku/Wiking, toys for the younger ones and more detailed models for the collector...especially classics😉

• Like 2