Amazon - From the bargains to the ridiculous

Gav836

8 hours ago, AgriFarmModels said:

OUTRAGEOUS pricing of the case quad 620 .... what are MCLdirect thinking ... 

0154F627-57C4-427C-8DA3-CF603A203498.jpeg

It does make you wonder what the thinking is behind all these unreal prices, I see them quite often.  The only time I buy from Amazon is when things are that cheap, you cant not!!

• Like 1

Its a selling tactic . Seen it at shows as well , one items put on display at a high price like this , then another at the normal price , it fools the buyer into thinking they are getting a bargain when they are actually paying the normal price. You will prob find the same sellers got another account selling them at standard prices , probably alternates between them to make it look less iffy 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, AndyB said:

Got one off them from Amazon about 3 years ago for little over £30..A nice few various Weise models just went away down for a very small window off time. It was on the forum here that they were spotted.. I bagged about  4 Weise models for prices comparable to your average Britains tractors.. But I have not seen it happen again on Amazon since. 

15 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Got one off them from Amazon about 3 years ago for little over £30..A nice few various Weise models just went away down for a very small window off time. It was on the forum here that they were spotted.. I bagged about  4 Weise models for prices comparable to your average Britains tractors.. But I have not seen it happen again on Amazon since. 

Still do go up and down, Recently got a 926 and 930 for £40 each which is still good money 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Still do go up and down, Recently got a 926 and 930 for £40 each which is still good money 

Yeah they go up and down alright ..but it was just that time they went way way down .. I think I got the Weise Landini for under £20.. 

• 1 month later...

I was listening to something a while ago, a podcast I think, which told of why you get items that are ridiculous prices on sites like Amazon. Basically the price to begin with hasn't been input by a human, the price is displayed via an algorithm that reads the RRP and then compares itself to all other products for sale with the same barcode, ie anyone else selling the same item. It then alters itself accordingly to remain a competitive yet profitable price. This works well when there's a variety of sellers with the same item. It's when the number of sellers gets down to one or two that the algorithms get confused and start fighting each other, this drives the price up and up and up to what you see as some of the extortionate prices. Large capacity sellers obviously aren't checking all their items constantly so these prices are able to go unnoticed by the seller.

Thought it was very interesting to hear, I wonder what effect the algorithms can have on a models overall value? They allow a model to be advertised for an extortionate price without anyone having ever paid that much, next thing you know the prices are rising everywhere. Is this a result of the algorithm or simply coincidence as the algorithms are more likely to go rouge as a model gets rarer to acquire, and a rarer model will go for more regardless of the surrounding market.

• Like 2

An interesting way of setting prices to be sure, I had never thought of it like that. I have to agree that sometimes the models do appear to be either ridiculously cheap or exorbitantly expensive

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robbo said:

Not on Amazon but T-Toys Nazareth are selling off the Imber 6640 for 24.99 euros 

I just ordered one..Could not resist at that price.. When they first came out ..the asking price was €75 + !! Good bargain...

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

I just ordered one..Could not resist at that price.. When they first came out ..the asking price was €75 + !! Good bargain...

If you're lucky enough you can still get them for the 25-30 range. Thats all i've ever paid for mine. Shows are normally a good place as well as there was a seller in italy on Ebay that had them for that too.

2 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

If you're lucky enough you can still get them for the 25-30 range. Thats all i've ever paid for mine. Shows are normally a good place as well as there was a seller in italy on Ebay that had them for that too.

I got the 5640 SLE 2wd  when they first came out. At the time they were limited to 1500 or so per model ,so we all made the mad rush to get one... thinking they would disappear fast.  But 9 or 10 years later they are still floating around... I also got a S Frater 7740 4wd conversion.  So the 6640 will fill the gap nicely in the collection between the other 2. Its just a shame Imber/ROS never continued with the 6 pot models or latter  New Holland versions..

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know that today and tomorrow are the so called Amazon Prime days but, if you were interested in a Valtra loader tractor there are a couple of reasonably priced ones at the moment, I think that anything under £50 for a Wiking is reasonable but unfortunately, shipping is quite expensive at £14.50

Valtra T174M + loader

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wiking-077815-Valtra-T174m-Loader/dp/B0193AA4I0/ref=sr_1_69?crid=3KWJ8FZ3OOZDV&dchild=1&keywords=wiking+tractor&qid=1602600083&sprefix=wiking+tractor%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-69

Valtra N123 + loader

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wiking-Valtra-N123-Scale-773270/dp/B00IN45VHM/ref=sr_1_68?crid=3KWJ8FZ3OOZDV&dchild=1&keywords=wiking+tractor&qid=1602600083&sprefix=wiking+tractor%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-68

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Currently on Amazon the Wiking Scorpion is £38 ish and the Uniwrap Baler is just under £35 if anyone after these?  The Scorpion was only £32 this morning but has gone up a bit now.

The Uniwrap is currently €27.95 from farmmodes nl, business must be really bad when sellers are prepared to cut their markup just to get sales,?

https://www.farmmodels.nl/Claas-Rollant-455-Uniwrap-Ronde-balenpers-met-wikkelaar-1:32-Wiking-WK77320-SUPERSALE

https://www.farmmodels.nl/Christmas-Sales-2020

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3