New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2019

Theike

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Puff of Logic said:

Also missing a black block on rear mudguard decal .

Real has 12 blocks , including 1490 decal  , model has 11 blocks including 1490 decal .

would never have noticed that in a million years.....but now you've pointed it out, there's actually one extra on the bonnet:D I know I'm a bit OCD, but even I could live with that!

Thanks for the photos i would have replied proper yesturday  but i was so poorly but now to brass tacks 

In all i love the model it looks real good and i will buy more than two i hope to case ih one up unless uh will also do a caseih 1494 2wd  I'm very impressed  with these photos as for faults  there's not many and they can be rectified  will look good in front of a set of spring tine harrows welger conventional bailer or howard rota spreader would also like one with a DB qd 90 front loader 

4 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

P.s ive got 3 x   david brown 1412s would tge rears off britains fit the uh would they corrwct the  wheel issue ???

Kind of.

Nigel Ford (SCALEdown) does the correct rear wheels for the 1412 if you are looking for some.

9 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

P.s ive got 3 x   david brown 1412s would tge rears off britains fit the uh would they corrwct the  wheel issue ???

i would also like to know if there are  rear wheels from another tractor that would make this 1490 "correct"

Im wondering if the rear wheels off the David Brown are going to be put on another model as well to help spread costs,  because they look about right for a Ford 7710, 7910...………………………..I wouldn't put  it past UH to look to save some tooling costs on these old classics.  Guess we may find out this weekend when the Nuremburg show will reveal all (or most of it)

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

i would also like to know if there are  rear wheels from another tractor that would make this 1490 "correct"

The wheels on the Britains 1210 and 1412 would be the closest, but the wheels on the forthcoming 1494 will be perfect if they are the ones on the real photo they previously used  when announcing the model.

5 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

The wheels look pretty alright to me when compared to the photo. I don't think you are going to find much better..

Well when you think of the hash up with

Atlas editions david brown 885 tractor ha ha! incidentally has anyone ever tried to correct the atlas edition david brown 

It looks to me like the final drive reduction boxes the ones where adjustable on the real machine and helped convert the rear tractor height for hi clearance  well on that 885 could you simply convert the reduction final drives 90 degrees  just wondering sorry for going of topic 

37 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Probably Sean,interesting to read, " Model produced by : weise-toys,???

Regards

Joe.

just noticed that,but also noticed on the opposite side it does say manually rebuilt by farmodels.nl ,which i didnt see at first 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, Paul Palmer said:

I'd go for old britains wheels really,like what was on the orginal ford 5000 really,easy find on ebay those wheels or in different colours

Plenty options on the rims.  The rims from the UH MF 1200 would do. The Sankeys from the latter Britains Ford 5000 & 6600. And if you wanted the square dish type.. So many .. Marge 10 Series Ford's, Imber 40 Series, UH MF 300 & 600 Series & UH McCormicks..But I reckon the best would be the Britains DBs..Still I think the rims that are on the model itself are fine in general.

964212874_big.jpg

sprzedam-case-1490-swietokrzyskie-sprzedam-482536477.jpg

On 1/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, mike whiting said:

Its probably a resin prototype that's been painted hence it might not be in its full glory?

I hope that’s the case...agree that this is fairly good representation - nose cone and chunky cab frame apart! Would be nice to have refined it a bit more - especially at the price... ever hopeful that this isn’t final version. 

Archived