Replicagri 2019

robbo

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i think joe  means the trailer may not fit with the chopper on it, looks lower than the tow pin on the axel?  i agree on the chopper removal, it wont be a new body, and a cloth cover will be easy enough .

Ah yes of course that makes sense, 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SPN said:

They are a French trailer, for the French (and maybe Benelux) market.

I think it is a badge engineered version of a trailer Replicagri made previously.

Thank you,thought as much,

Regards

Joe.

saw both models at zwolle, and both very nice, trailers a lot smaller than i thought when i saw it first posted , as mentioned its badge engineered euro kit, so i didn't bother, as i have not seen one in the uk ,doesn't mean to say they ain't around mind, , the combine was very nice, box sets it off nicely, but it was zwolle prices, way above what i suspect they will probably sell at when they become more readily available.  

I would really like to see Replicagri do the 2 axle Brimont - a decently sized trailer esp for older layouts. I would think it would be quite popular over here as well as France.

I haven't got OW's book to hand, but I am fairly sure his Brimonts did 20 years service until being replaced by a pair of Richard Westerns.  If you are sad like me, and look at his farm on Google Earth, you can see one of them rusting away in the yard still, though I think the image was from around 10 years ago!

11 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I liked looking at all those great JDs he bought during the 70s and 80s in his annual report when he was running lots of tractors:)...…………..Got very boring once he started buying Fendts and reduced the tractor fleet down to three in the new millennium.

The late 70s/early 80s must have been interesting with the Deutz, Schluter and Fords still around.

18 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

If you get a chance go back to Thriplow farms original annual report and work your way through to around the early 2000s, it gets depressing after that with few machinery purchases and lots of moaning about commodity prices:wacko:

I've read them a few times, got the book which collects them from 1974-2008 ish, they bought masses of machinery in the early days (it seemed to be a hobby) but things got tighter as years went on .  The amount of staff is another example.

By the way, the street view is now updated, and the Fendt 930 can be seen, and the Brimont is still there too, only has one axle now though 

14 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

they bought masses of machinery in the early days (it seemed to be a hobby) but things got tighter as years went on .

Inflation was a big factor in the mid 70s. Prices were going up so fast that it made sense to buy when it was cheap.

The other factor was tax. Capital purchases could be written off against tax.

Then there was the increase in horsepower and the move to four wheel drive.

Archived