Muir Hill 121

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

Very nice. What's these things like to drive and work with. I only know of one farm around me that have one. The use it for the log processor. 

Thanks Lee. Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to drive one. I would think that for a young driver brought up with powershift and vario gearboxes, front suspension and everything electronic they would be a bit of a culture shock, but for being able to put the power down and get the work done when the conditions are bad they would still run rings around a lot of modern tractors

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Be a nice selection of Muirhills there John,  although i'm sure you need to squeeze another one in to make it a nice round half dozen... five is a bit of a cob number really ;)

Thanks Paul, don't go giving me ideas!:D Actually, there are a few more Muir Hill's that id like to do at some point, and to be fair now that I've got a number of parts cast for them they're not too big a job really, but I'm wanting to have a clear up of my builds to be honest, starting with all the yellow ones and the Roadless so that i can have a clear bench before i start my winter projects!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, don't go giving me ideas!:D Actually, there are a few more Muir Hill's that id like to do at some point, and to be fair now that I've got a number of parts cast for them they're not too big a job really, but I'm wanting to have a clear up of my builds to be honest, starting with all the yellow ones and the Roadless so that i can have a clear bench before i start my winter projects!

:D best make it a nice even dozen then if your doing the spade work for a few more..... Joking apart and not wishing time away but mid August already John... at this rate it wont be long until the clocks alter and the back end of the year is amongst us.... 2020... the year that's better best forgotten.

23 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

:D best make it a nice even dozen then if your doing the spade work for a few more..... Joking apart and not wishing time away but mid August already John... at this rate it wont be long until the clocks alter and the back end of the year is amongst us.... 2020... the year that's better best forgotten.

Even i don't get that carried away Paul....well, not usually anyway!;) No, another couple or so are planned for a later date,  a series two 121 would be nice, along with perhaps another 101 with a fritzmeier cab and an industrial version with a muir hill dump trailer, but as i say that's for the future.

You're right about time though, where does it go? Myself and the wife were just talking about this with regards to our work, there are people we know of who have had really good jobs and retired early with a good pension but passed away shortly afterwards without getting to enjoy any of it. You will never get rich from farming (not on a small upland farm anyway, but you'll always have a job!) but you're at work for the biggest part of your life and if you enjoy what you're doing then for me that has got to be worth the financial sacrifice. People will always have to eat so farmers will always be needed, it's a sad reality but i doubt when furlough comes to an end there will be a lot of people with no job to go back to.....

Edited by 844john
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, JEP said:

looking great John,  That 171 is looking a bit of a beast!!

Ps the 8070 is coming along very nicely.

Thanks John, they are an impressive tractor aren't they! Hope to get them and the 8070 all ready for the paint so that i can prime them all together....he says wistfully!:D

• Like 1

A little more progress on the 101, must admit this is turning into an enjoyable build, especially as there's no cab to worry about! Front weights, grill and lights added, diesel tanks and battery boxes, and a start on the controls

WP_20200816_17_14_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20200816_17_14_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20200816_17_16_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20200816_17_15_20_Pro.jpg

• Like 5