Muir Hill 121

40 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Just another couple to go with it haha, bloody brilliant John stunning work as usua:D

Thanks Ted! I'm at a bit of a standstill with my other builds waiting for moulds, decals etc, and I've found that if you want to make more than one of something it's best to do them together while all the measurements are fresh in your mind....well, that's my excuse anyway!:D

On 24 February 2020 at 6:15 AM, 844john said:

Thanks Martin, they were a big old bus in their day weren't they. Actually, as I've been collecting the information for the 171 I have had similar thoughts about a 141, and also the last 131 that was sold to a drainage contractor as I thought it would make a nice model attached to its gravel cart....as usual the list is endless!

As for the 46, it's one of the first I did that's been used for reference, I look at it as sort of a prototype as there's a few areas that I'm not totally happy with....the better ones are kept undercover until they're finished!;)

They would be massive compared to the average sized tractor which would probably still only be around 70 or 80 hp I'd have thought. By today's standards it is probably about average, and physical size and weight wise it probably isn't far off either, mind she would sound a hell of a lot better than most of the gear today. Builds are looking smashing, something a bit different with the 131, are you building the blade and gravel cart as well? Maybe one of your others needs a muir hill dumper to lead the stone in and a A5000 ( I think that's what they were) to load it. Oh and big a mole for Brownys 101 to drag along.  ;) 

Aaah you are only teasing us with the 46. Looking forward to seeing the others completed, I imagine you are looking forward to getting them off your bench!

Edited by mb86

3 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Now that is smart mate very nice ! Seeing this makes me wish I had more time to work on my own projects. 

Thanks Sam, sometimes you just have to do your own thing, otherwise you loose the enjoyment of it all

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Think you need  a trencher on the list John, not that i'm trying to add to the workload ;) would make use of the 171 and a lowloader...... progress looking good though with the 131 with blade and cart :)

Thanks Paul, a trencher is something I've fancied doing as I can remember watching one working when I was a kid and it's always fascinated me, I think I'd  need a lot more research before I tackle one of those though, they look to be a complex build. You're right about being a good use of the 171 though.....

• Like 2

Thank you Ben, I seem to be getting plenty of practice in with them at the moment! You're right though, spending some time working out your measurements and plans I do find key to it all coming together properly 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

really do not know where you find the time john, i have only just managed to clean the new shed out today ,and thats down to the weather, otherwise i had no hope  

certainly going to make a nice fleet, although it wont be complete without a decent pipe / drain layer 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

do it do it do it, bet you wont :D:D

Never dare a fool Sean:D I haven't really done any research into them yet, however, if I  were to come across some useful pictures, well who knows.....;)

33 minutes ago, 844john said:

Never dare a fool Sean:D I haven't really done any research into them yet, however, if I  were to come across some useful pictures, well who knows.....;)

Not found the pipe layer yet,But think you might recognise this Muir Hill John,Not sure Id like to be anywhere near that job though,??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6PKjNDAAY

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Not found the pipe layer yet,But think you might recognise this Muir Hill John,Not sure Id like to be anywhere near that job though,??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6PKjNDAAY

Regards

Joe.

Yes, that's the one Joe, I've watched that a couple of times just to get a feel for the winch working, you're right though, I wouldn't want to be near the job! As for the trencher, I'll just leave it with the oracle;)