Muir Hill 121

I must admit Sean, as I was saying to Martin earlier, against my better judgement I have succumbed and started work on a Barth K150 trencher, well, they were based on a county skid, and I have already got that part cast, it certainly looks like it's going to be a complicated build though, I think a lot more research is needed yet!

• Like 2

These are some amazing builds, especially keeping all the angles lined up.  On the detailed parts I always manage to stick my fingers together before the plastic, ha, but you seem to have mastered it.  

Cant wait to see the progress on the Barth.

14 hours ago, 844john said:

I must admit Sean, as I was saying to Martin earlier, against my better judgement I have succumbed and started work on a Barth K150 trencher, well, they were based on a county skid, and I have already got that part cast, it certainly looks like it's going to be a complicated build though, I think a lot more research is needed yet!

I suspected you had, just the way you were trying to deny it :D. Can remember one doing one of the big fields at one of the other farms when i was young, always fancied one for the layout . Maybe i will try once i have some time 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:01 PM, sipher172 said:

These are some amazing builds, especially keeping all the angles lined up.  On the detailed parts I always manage to stick my fingers together before the plastic, ha, but you seem to have mastered it.  

Cant wait to see the progress on the Barth.

Thank you, and i thought it was just me who glued myself more that the plastic!

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I suspected you had, just the way you were trying to deny it :D. Can remember one doing one of the big fields at one of the other farms when i was young, always fancied one for the layout . Maybe i will try once i have some time 

Id better not play poker then Sean:D I can remember watching one as a boy too always fascinated me, anyway it's nice to do something different . Go on Sean,you know you want to....

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Ben Gardebroek said:

Amazing model John. This looks so fantastic.

Thank you Ben

8 hours ago, JEP said:

Really coming along John, looks very imposing when alongside the 121, another fantastic build in the making, will make a very impressive line up of M.H's when finished. 

Thanks John, they certainly would be a beast of a tractor in their day

6 hours ago, dm434 said:

Wonder if these would suit being painted in fords colours 

For me personally David, no, I don't think they do. The last built under the Myth-Holm name were painted blue and white and somehow it just doesn't suit the tractor in my eyes

Muirhill_131_BVG_2009_005_(Large).jpg

• Like 4

i honestly  didnt realise the last ones were blue john, i saw one a while back, hidden behind a barn that you could see from the main road, and just assumed it had been repainted for a contractor or something, doubt this one was going any where,  both  front wheel were missing, and  the brambles had taken hold at the rear.

13 hours ago, dm434 said:

Wonder if these would suit being painted in fords colours 

7 hours ago, 844john said:

For me personally David, no, I don't think they do. The last built under the Myth-Holm name were painted blue and white and somehow it just doesn't suit the tractor in my eyes

Muirhill_131_BVG_2009_005_(Large).jpg

You're both right. I like this 101 in blue but the Myth Holm ones didn't look right not yellow. . 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i honestly  didnt realise the last ones were blue john, i saw one a while back, hidden behind a barn that you could see from the main road, and just assumed it had been repainted for a contractor or something, doubt this one was going any where,  both  front wheel were missing, and  the brambles had taken hold at the rear.

Seems a pity to let something like that just sit and rot doesn't it

12 minutes ago, 844john said:

Seems a pity to let something like that just sit and rot doesn't it

Not uncommon this way , was a pair of yellow ones along with two shawnie dump trailers abandoned up dorset way a while back , mind you they had been saved? Or scraped last time i went there , could see where they had been dragged out of the under growth 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:56 AM, Tractorman810 said:

This one lives near me..I always tought it was a custom paint job in Ford colours. I never realised they were produced in these colours ether . 

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.a1a89c69246aa2b67c1c545d0d2f2b13.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:18 PM, justy 46 said:

This one lives near me..I always tought it was a custom paint job in Ford colours. I never realised they were produced in these colours ether . 

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.a1a89c69246aa2b67c1c545d0d2f2b13.jpeg

looks a bit unusual that one Justin, it seems to be a series 11 bonnet with a series 111 cab and painted in the later Myth Holm colours!

3 hours ago, 844john said:

looks a bit unusual that one Justin, it seems to be a series 11 bonnet with a series 111 cab and painted in the later Myth Holm colours!

Quiet possible..i would not know much about them John. Muirhills are very rare over here..This is the only one I know off local. 

• Like 1