Muir Hill 121

Thanks Steve. Yes, I cast the wheels, the resin is from MB fibre glass, but i cant remember what it's  called, I'll have a look later when I get a chance. They were done as one piece, but I've just ordered some rubber to do the tyres and rims separately and make the painting easier!

The person on here to talk to is James (Stabilofarmer), he's forgotten more about casting than I'll ever know, and he's a truck man too!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Steve. Yes, I cast the wheels, the resin is from MB fibre glass, but i cant remember what it's  called, I'll have a look later when I get a chance. They were done as one piece, but I've just ordered some rubber to do the tyres and rims separately and make the painting easier!

The person on here to talk to is James (Stabilofarmer), he's forgotten more about casting than I'll ever know, and he's a truck man too!

We use MB Fiberglass at work for the stuff to make out silicone moulds and resin too...but we use a clear resin, so ill get it touch with them about something more suited to modelling.

I didn't think about doing tyres separate from the wheels to be fair...

Ill get in touch with Stabilofarmer as its the casting that we are trying to work out for some projects...

Thanks!

I've poured out most of what I know here, although theres a few updates to make after 3 years. Resin wise I'm using a mix of MB's Axson F32 and F38 depending on what I'm casting most, F32 for rims and cabs etc, F38 for figures and animals, but both work fine for either application. Any questions just ask!

• Like 1

In subject of 1455 is anybody here who's got better measurements than that which is available on konedata?. I would like to buy schuco one but its not available so i thinking to build one based on a 1056XL from britains. Only what i need is proper dimensions to keep it nice looking. I will be appreciated for any help  

40 minutes ago, dr-abich said:

In subject of 1455 is anybody here who's got better measurements than that which is available on konedata?. I would like to buy schuco one but its not available so i thinking to build one based on a 1056XL from britains. Only what i need is proper dimensions to keep it nice looking. I will be appreciated for any help  

The 1255 is a better base model.

I've pm'd you a link to a Dutch seller who has some.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, alf aphid said:

John, when do you sleep?

My thoughts exactly Alastair! Just don't know how you do it John.... 

Again another classic that will be a great addition to your fleet. Love your choice of builds, some real iconic 70's and 80's tractors you are producing. 

Ps lt would be great if you were the universal hobbies product manager!! ;) 

• Like 1

Perkins 540 V8 for sale at Malvern today, unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. It was "dressed" up for installation in a Ford truck with FORD cast into the rocker covers. Big old lump

Edited by super6

Thanks Martin, they were a big old bus in their day weren't they. Actually, as I've been collecting the information for the 171 I have had similar thoughts about a 141, and also the last 131 that was sold to a drainage contractor as I thought it would make a nice model attached to its gravel cart....as usual the list is endless!

As for the 46, it's one of the first I did that's been used for reference, I look at it as sort of a prototype as there's a few areas that I'm not totally happy with....the better ones are kept undercover until they're finished!;)