Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

Guys having a senior moment at present can anyone remind me what colour Mf 600 series chassis are please , am sure it's charcole grey but when I look at my Tin of mf paint it doesn't look right

Sean,you need to get a copy of this months Classic Tractor,there's a whole feature on all Massey colours,pages 99 to 103.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

Try useing this Jack,http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

you'll need to upload a picture of something Kverneland to your device then "browse",and "show matching paint","submit" for it useing their web page and that will give a whole heap of options,the "search colour" column being the colour you clicked on,

Regards

Joe.

22 minutes ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Any good matches for ford white ? 

Cheers :) 

Only genuine mate. It is ford tractor grey you will need. Marge use gloss white which is wrong, uh use a grey that is far too dark, imber is the nearest with the grey and the blue. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mb86 said:

This is a marge with the white roof and wings, UH fronts and imber rears. Bit like 50 shades of grey. :D

PS it isn't finished. 

image.jpg

That looks properly well. I really like that mate. Flat 8 will look spot on with that. Cheers for the info. Didn’t realise it was grey ! Not done fords before :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mb86 said:

This is a marge with the white roof and wings, UH fronts and imber rears. Bit like 50 shades of grey. :D

PS it isn't finished. 

image.jpg

Not that I have seen the films or read the books, but I do get the gist of them, anyway, according to the wife the closest thing I have in common with 50 shades of grey is my hair colour!:blink::D Tractor and loader looks very smart Martin!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Not that I have seen the films or read the books, but I do get the gist of them, anyway, according to the wife the closest thing I have in common with 50 shades of grey is my hair colour!:blink::D Tractor and loader looks very smart Martin!

Are you saying it isn't a film about Harry ferguson then???? Thanks, one of those jobs that have been put aside, need to get the paint out which isn't my favourite job. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Are you saying it isn't a film about Harry ferguson then???? Thanks, one of those jobs that have been put aside, need to get the paint out which isn't my favourite job. 

Same here, I always worry about spoiling the job when I paint it. As for Harry Ferguson, well, whatever he got up to behind closed doors was his business!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3