What really PLEASED you?

I was making my tea tonight and then a man, who was walking his dog got struck by a van down the bottom of the hill, he got thrown over a neighbours garden wall. A car up the street then braked and subsequently ran into the lamppost and my car (luckily no marks on car, but lamppost badly leaning) , the bit that pleased me was the man was not as bad as first thought and everyone in the area coming out helping the police and ambulance staff, by gritting the road and generally helping out. Its nice to see communities coming together and helping including myself in this bad time. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The sun finally making an appearance today, and also this little group. We're not due to start until Friday but obviously this gimmer hogg just couldn't wait! Ahh, the sun is shining, the curlews and peewits are singing, lambs bleating, heaven. I've even (almost) managed to put out of my mind the big fit 2shear that spent the night pushing all her lamb bed out and was found stiff as a board with her legs in the air when i walked into the shed this morning....I'm sure she was grinning when i found her!!!

WP_20180320_15_30_13_Pro.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Started using CAD for the first ever time today to make some sheds on a CNC machine, only been doing it just under an hour and spent the first 15 minutes reading the tutorials and managed to make these two, just need to add the long beams on the dutch barn and supports. I am using the same sizes as my Masons attic shed so that it all fits in together. Pretty pleased how easy it was and how they turned out.

s.PNG.4971a492fbad2e30531c23f2ba83dcc0.PNG

• Like 3

saw a tidy looking MF 550, but unable to stop and photo it, it also seemed to have a bulged out/rounded diamond shape cab?

Only pics I can find show a near straight sided cab

Edited by b_emmons

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

On the way back from tiverton it was great to see sun but also a few fields of rape starting to bloom , not been east for a week or so  so was a nice surprise , summer must be close , few bits of grass kit being moved arround to 

Summer!......Im moving to Devon Sean! We would love some spring up here first, we seem to get one nice day followed by several crap ones, yesterday was very, very wet with a biting north easterly wind all day, a real "lamb killer" with no respite all day,had to bring a pair back inside yesterday as one was almost dead with hypothermia, and these are almost a fortnight old and mother has plenty of milk:( As for grass, our Sam has more on his model farm than we have outside, come to think of it, maybe that is the best type of farming after all!!:D 

• Like 4

its been wet down here, but bar the two snow patches its been warm , well i think so, grass is coming up ok in most places, if you go west into cornwall the veg guys are all woring in the fields ok, spud gears roaming arround planting to, i did notice a field yesterday that has wheat or similar coming through thats been sprayed and the tramlines looked a bit deeper than normal so its not firm as such yet .

• Like 2

Finally Arsene Wenger has got the message from us Arsenal supporters and agreed to step down at the seasons end................................hopefully everyone will now get behind him and the team for our remaining games and give him the send off he deserves..........................although he should have gone last year after the FA cup final win over Chelsea.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, catkom3 said:

ha ha!,I doubt my 1.2 ltr Suzuki Swift would make much of an impression against those two Justin,'specially up that hill,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

Just wait for a shower of rain and wet roads Joe, then you'd have the edge!;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

MIGHT get lucky then,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

I have a friend who specializes in servicing and repairing Ferrari's, Lambo's and the like, he says that in the wet you're better off leaving them in the garage, the power that they have makes the handling tricky to say the least!

• Like 4

On 5/24/2018 at 10:17 PM, 844john said:

I have a friend who specializes in servicing and repairing Ferrari's, Lambo's and the like, he says that in the wet you're better off leaving them in the garage, the power that they have makes the handling tricky to say the least!

indeed ,i whitnessed the results of a high power car(aston martin deffinatly , db9 from memory) in the wet,brand new bananaed round a tree just outside exeter. was the dealership owner taking a customers car out for a final drive before hand over. was a few years back now and it made all the low end papers to, shame it wasnt my pic that got used mind :D:wacko: might have been able to have afforded my own one 

just been hunting arround and it was 2003 and a v12 vanquish , found a ref to it , but  the pics are long gone 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This isn't anything exciting to get pleased about but i did ha ha!!

I bought some hubs through HLT from Farmmodels.nl a while back but never fitted as was hesitant to glue on. The other day i thought about magnet similar to the fronts so purchased 4 3x2mm ones from ebay for £0.99p posted. Came today and with a dab of superglue on the rear to hold they work a treat. Something simple yet doesn't ruin the model for good :)

34133597_1721174187968685_6094988162768044032_n.thumb.jpg.d7f5d4acee9b8c6dfc235f1940afda42.jpg

34086039_1721174491301988_6322906048348815360_n.thumb.jpg.e87046c6956a27b1e7145b0811d85b7e.jpg

• Like 5

I have been to some amazing places since i got my new job back in September last year , and seen some great views , but havnt been local to plymouth like that , which makes me realise just bow nice it is round here even on a hazy day, this view not more than10 mins drive from the centre of plymouth , the tamar bridge tamar river cornwall , dockyard and plymouth sound let alone the rolling hills

F0F4C676-898D-4D72-B1AD-647398C80CD9.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...