Whats on your workbench???

Bought a siku JCB 4220 this week to use as a donor for the Britains model............................Overall the  Britains model is clearly much better, however the Siku bonnet is metal and its painted in JCB colours and is better detailed.   So  I'm going to pick and mix the best bits and try and to make a half decent 4220.

P1060508.JPG

P1060513.JPG

P1060512.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

siku bonnet looks a lot bigger than the britains one Phil,or is it just the photos?

Its the photo I think paul,  my ruler says the siku might be 1mm longer so that wont matter......................its how it sits on top of the black engine side covers that matters and I wont know that until I try.   The Britains model will need its roof and cab back panels sprayed too match the bonnet.   Its such a shame that Britains didn't use diecast instead of plastic, the cost surely would have been marginal and they certainly would have sold more.

• 2 weeks later...

Another ongoing project, John Deere 6420. Started out as a Siku 6920 cut down to a 4 cylinder, front grill shortened and bonnet repainted. New front axle and wheels fitted, front weights added, cab glazed and interior detailed including a new dashboard. In the process of fitting a new rear linkage:)

WP_20171121_16_59_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20171121_16_59_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20171121_16_58_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20171121_16_57_40_Pro.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 November 2017 at 6:10 PM, 844john said:

Just a small alteration this time, painted the lower cab front windows green to match the early 40 series. Just a little thing that I think sets the model off:)

WP_20171122_18_03_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20171122_18_03_17_Pro.jpg

Is the 3140 not getting a new linkage as well john? She will feel left out. ;) 6420 is looking grand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenside MF said:

Really nice looking deeres there John,

I have just done my first bit of building in ages,a telescopic header trailer for the mf activa which is getting some much needed updates.

SDC10836.thumb.JPG.4bcb7d9a5547cdf3bacea9a2a3522498.JPG

Looking tidy Jamie. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

Really nice looking deeres there John,

I have just done my first bit of building in ages,a telescopic header trailer for the mf activa which is getting some much needed updates.

SDC10836.thumb.JPG.4bcb7d9a5547cdf3bacea9a2a3522498.JPG

Thanks Jamie, that header trailer is looking smart:)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mb86 said:

Is the 3140 not getting a new linkage as well john? She will feel left out. ;) 6420 is looking grand. 

Thanks Martin, she may do yet, mind, there's about 60 or so more Deeres in the cupboard without a proper linkage still so she's not in the minority :D

• Like 2