ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

Your 699 is looking excellent Sean,did you make the dual wheels for it or are they Dave Towse but modified.

That's a great idea with the magnets,I have seen others on ftf use magnets for the rears,but if you can invent a swappable front wheel system that still spins with magnets that would be something special.

made the wheels myself mate, cut the outer duals of a 1250 set, sanded the inner rim down to match the tyre as they are way wider than you need, I recon the fronts are possible to make swappable sprayer and normal wheels , it just a case of getting them done, the original wikings are easy, they are deep enough in the axel points, its the narrow rows ones that are giving me a headache right now , the plastic doesn't seem to like bonding to the resin hubs , which needs to be strong enough to take the swapping process , 

well ash trees harvest is on hold from the weather, but underway, have an issue after the baler went down ,running the 690 and 699 on carting duties, with the 698t baling , sadly the pick up reels side wheel sheared off on the turn and rolled away, would have been fixable, but it rolled into the ditch , and now lost under a good few ft of water, so running a man down while they go off to the nearest dealer with one available, given the forecast of rain it was decided to get the 575 bringing in the bales done so far, but on the flat bed rather than the cooks one, so we could get  more back , give how close the current fields are we are cutting, the 699 was used after unloading to speed it up a bit with the last loads

P1030131_zpsrgoewxos.jpg

P1030132_zpsi4t7qzjm.jpg

P1030133_zps2znpamyo.jpg

P1030135_zpsehq90n5g.jpg

P1030138_zpsxgtnr49r.jpg

P1030143_zpsxpdk2wec.jpg

• Like 7

i know martin. they are very nice bales, but being hand made from sisal, they do not stack or sit in plies to well, currently 3/4 of the way through a new cooks sledge, and a new 124 balers been started, once I finish them, a new cooks bale trailer will get done to, my current sledge, and trailer wont take the bales to well, as they were build for a resin britains bale copy stacks and flat 8 s I had . these sisal ones are more to scale and fit the baler ok , once I get my holiday doe I will hopefully be ordering another 100 bales, maybe more to fill the barn ect properly , or at least make a movable wall of them to face the barn with to make it look full

• Like 2

Fantastic scenes, and top quality models, the layouts are full of character - really do like to see what's going on at Ashtree!

I want that MF 625!! ;)

Do the Lely and JD combines live at Ashtree?

Ps think you should set up a new topic to showcase all your superb scratchbuilds and conversions - 3 or 4 photos of each model in isolation.  

• Like 1

Fantastic scenes, and top quality models, the layouts are full of character - really do like to see what's going on at Ashtree!

I want that MF 625!! ;)

Ps think you should set up a new topic to showcase all your superb scratchbuilds and conversions - 3 or 4 photos of each model in isolation.  

Definitely agree there, full 360 shots of everything, theres too many great models tucked away in those sheds!

The combining scenes look great by the way, can the bales not be sort of compacted into one large neater square?

• Like 1

I want that MF 625!! ;)

the lely and jd are ina safe box underneath,so i guess i could do a alternative scene with them, was going to make a bale grab for the teleshift but havnt got time to be honest, but i recon one will get done in the future ,

Definitely agree there, full 360 shots of everything, theres too many great models tucked away in those sheds!

The combining scenes look great by the way, can the bales not be sort of compacted into one large neater square?

I should be able to get pics from other angles and parts,just need to make room so i can get to the access holes at the rear of the yard both sides, kind of hard with all the boxes under it , as for the bales, i have an idea on making a 64 stack for the cooks, ,would mean breaking some in half, but i could compress/ glue them in then, hence a future order for more, hopefully do the same with the shed stack front then, may even try making some myself , save the cash

• Like 1

I wouldnt normally cart this way joe, would be the cooks bale trailer, but these do not fit my current version, hence a new build is needed, but rather than start i need to finish some 5 or so other builds that are in progress , to much to do and not enough time to do them ,

• Like 1

i know martin. they are very nice bales, but being hand made from sisal, they do not stack or sit in plies to well, currently 3/4 of the way through a new cooks sledge, and a new 124 balers been started, once I finish them, a new cooks bale trailer will get done to, my current sledge, and trailer wont take the bales to well, as they were build for a resin britains bale copy stacks and flat 8 s I had . these sisal ones are more to scale and fit the baler ok , once I get my holiday doe I will hopefully be ordering another 100 bales, maybe more to fill the barn ect properly , or at least make a movable wall of them to face the barn with to make it look full

This is definitely something I will look forward to seeing develop. We have a cooks windrower sledge and weather depending bale up to 1000 small squares of hay and straw mainly for ourselves and sell a few. I agree with jep, I'd love to see a showcase of your builds, you are very talented.

• Like 1

Cheers mark, if i can get the 5000 done i may get a pic or two of her and the lely ? The jds easy to use as i have the tractors to match her, sadly the 6600 wont get done in time, dont want tto mess the bonnet up again

Don't think I've ever seen photo's of the Lely. I assume you mean the Lely FH combine? Any archive pictures or is there still a topic floating about on here.

you've not seen the victory neils?? mmm, no probs here's  a few pics for you ,pretty rare machine, I only ever remember seeing one, a long time ago, abandoned in some bushes  i went for the later mk3 version with two tone paint, the early ones were just blue
001-6.jpg
006-9.jpg
008-3.jpg
210.jpg

• Like 9

you've not seen the victory neils?? mmm, no probs here's  a few pics for you ,pretty rare machine, I only ever remember seeing one, a long time ago, abandoned in some bushes  i went for the later mk3 version with two tone paint, the early ones were just blue

No i don't think I have ever seen it before! That is a thing of beauty. Fantastic! Never seen a model Lely combine. Rare as hens teeth in real life, let alone in 1/32. You did an absolutely fantastic job building that. 8)