ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

That looks awesome Sean.

My question, as usual relates to the wheels.

Would 38s not have been more common on the 699 instead of 34s?

they would have been Stan, but we ran all our mf's on the same rears, we had a pretty sorry very flinty soil, as I am sure gav would testify, and neils if he's done ploughing on the Suffolk soil as he goes not to far away from where we farmed , and we had a good few punctures, so we usually had at least 2 full rear wheels sat spare, to save us time ,we could put them on any of the 600's ,the 1250 or even the 290,that had a different hub, but same wheel size, then get the puncture fixed as and when , only thing that held us up puncture was the fronts, the 290 and 690 was easy, same sizes 2wd rims, the 698t and 699 were different, but 75% of the time it was the rears that went ,
  • Like 1

Looks lovely Sean! Can I ask, how do you make the duals stuck to the inner wheels? Does the turning and locking mechanism work as real life?

ah well that's a pretty simple job, all the uh's run with a steel axel, so I make the new cage or duals with a magnet in the centre , its only 4mm across and 3mm thick, but strong enough to grip through the plastic to the axel ,it sits inside the wheel nts, in the grey centres effectively ,I am going to try a set of narrow row wheels and a modified standard set using the same system on a wiking jd I have, so I can just pull off and swap them as required , best bit is they cost me 3 quid for about 30 of them so cheap to use to, will dig out a link and post it when I get time and a picture of the rears on them so you can see
  • Like 1

Brilliant work there Sean. This is one of my favourite diorama threads, even though the tractors are the wrong colour!

The petite tipper looks a cracker too.

thanks, I have had the pettit a while now, all the sides drop as per a real one, and the grain top comes off to , all be it in one piece as it couldn't get it in sections , hardest bit was finding timber the right size for the planks with the right effect/finish on it,
  • Like 1

ah well that's a pretty simple job, all the uh's run with a steel axel, so I make the new cage or duals with a magnet in the centre , its only 4mm across and 3mm thick, but strong enough to grip through the plastic to the axel ,it sits inside the wheel nts, in the grey centres effectively ,I am going to try a set of narrow row wheels and a modified standard set using the same system on a wiking jd I have, so I can just pull off and swap them as required , best bit is they cost me 3 quid for about 30 of them so cheap to use to, will dig out a link and post it when I get time

Sean,try these,they are so powerfull,if two "snap" together they shatter,http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=neodymium+magnets&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=neodymium+magnets&_sacat=0

Regards

Joe.

thanks, I have had the pettit a while now, all the sides drop as per a real one, and the grain top comes off to , all be it in one piece as it couldn't get it in sections , hardest bit was finding timber the right size for the planks with the right effect/finish on it,

It looks spot on to me, i have been browsing the thread again and I also like the as marstons you had a few years back too. Are they three oaks built? I hope you get a few pics of your machinery in action this harvest as it is similar kit to what was and still is used in this area.

ah well that's a pretty simple job, all the uh's run with a steel axel, so I make the new cage or duals with a magnet in the centre , its only 4mm across and 3mm thick, but strong enough to grip through the plastic to the axel ,it sits inside the wheel nts, in the grey centres effectively ,I am going to try a set of narrow row wheels and a modified standard set using the same system on a wiking jd I have, so I can just pull off and swap them as required , best bit is they cost me 3 quid for about 30 of them so cheap to use to, will dig out a link and post it when I get time and a picture of the rears on them so you can see

Why didn't I think of such a thing! Thanks a lot. Often the best ideas are the most simple ones! If I had only know fifteen years ago. When I was playing with tractors for duals I used to use some elastic bands or putty to put them together. Should have gone for magnets. Ah well..

Do you know if you can still get those cage wheel kits?

not sure on the cage wheels neils, certainly not seen them on ebay again, as I wouldn't mind another set, and I cant remember who it was selling them right now either. I know it was a german guy though  ,he did 2 different sizes, these and a bigger diameter set

Diorama looks great Sean lots off detail the more you look your Petite grain trailer is exactly like the real one I have will get a picture next couple of days

cheers smithy, we had two 5 or 6 ton single axel ones ,they were front line till the marston and legg monocoques were bought then only really got used for storing the feed for the chickens, and when we needed them at harvest time , for the drier ,I always remember that they seemed very well built,

It looks spot on to me, i have been browsing the thread again and I also like the as marstons you had a few years back too. Are they three oaks built? I hope you get a few pics of your machinery in action this harvest as it is similar kit to what was and still is used in this area.

yes the two small marstons were from dan, ones currently striped down for extra work when I get time, roll over sheet, door latches stuff like that
  • Like 1

Ah,some of the ones I have are only 7mm x 0.5mm and they just disintegrate, the instructions tell you to put card between them to stop them shattering, ;)

Regards

Joe.

I guess being that thin it wouldn't take much to break them, but they are very strong for their size, there must be 4 or 5 mm of plastic between the axel rod and them and they hold fine
  • Like 1

not sure on the cage wheels neils, certainly not seen them on ebay again, as I wouldn't mind another set, and I cant remember who it was selling them right now either. I know it was a german guy though  ,he did 2 different sizes, these and a bigger diameter set

I see, there are a few Germans that have online stores with CNC or 3D printed parts. Might be one of them. Joe Catkom will know I bet. ;D

• Like 1

I see, there are a few Germans that have online stores with CNC or 3D printed parts. Might be one of them. Joe Catkom will know I bet. ;D

Ha ha,wish I did Niels,Trino used to have a great selection of parts,a very nice set of zig zag harrows in brass,but I've just been on their site,and they now seem to prefer 1/87th scale,!!! http://trino-shop.de/index.php?s=3

Regards

Joe PS,don't U H have a Ford 5000 due soon with caged wheels,?

• Like 1

its all uh mate, its an extended uh 690 bonnet ,with the cab and floor pan, all mounted on a broken uh 3080 chassis I had  it gave me the extra 10mm in length to get the length over the 698t, we ran a swb version of that , I bought a weise toys 1014 to break but it just looked to big to me against the other 2 I had already, and coupled with the rear wheel difference it worked better for me really