ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

Thanks guys, got home a little early today so the leaves have been added, honest opinions are gratefully received, already learnt one lesson for the next one, and I need to find a better brown for the sea foam prior to adding the leaves, 

first pics are  next to the ones I bought ,shows the height and  allows you to compair them 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Those look very nice Sean, does the stuff youve used for leaves have a name? As it cant be winter all year on Torrax Hill. One bit of constructive criticism would be maybe wider trunks on some as they seem abit thin, but thats just compared with what I see in my area

Edited by Stabliofarmer

I agree with the trunks, I need to have a wander and find some thicker ones with the right sort of spread to them , it's harder than you think to find ,spent 10 mins today looking and found some,, but not the right shape/spread, I may have to bond smaller ones onto bigger,which won't be hard , the leaves are by a company called NOCH , just search on eBay, they do 3 shades ,so the next one will be a mix of 2 or 3 colours , just doing to have tea and then out so when I get back or tomorrow I will post a pic of the bags 

• Like 1

Looks good Sean. Depends what tree you are making but I'd agree that the trunks need to be thicker. I used blackthorn for mine. With hindsight I think Ive put the leaves on a bit thick. How did you get on with sticking the leaves on? Mine were fine with hairspray when I did them but seem to be shedding each time I touch them now. 

Thanks guys

brian the only problem with doing this is I am not building the kit to go on it ? Got 4 sat awaiting paint or finishing before paint, along with a host of other bits I want to do for it, sadly there's not enough hours in the day to do it all with work to :'( a nice large lottery win may be helpful in that issue mind 

• Like 1

Fantastic work Sean this is by far the most realistic layout I've seen. You've done a brillant job of those trees. As you say you've not been building stuff recently I'm still waiting to see the tipping trailer your were making a while back from a monogram kit was it? That would look good on your new road. Ow and I think we all would love a nice lottery win haha!!