Forum Issues and Updates

Back online. Please let me know if you encounter any problems. It has taken several hours of coding to get us back this time so hopefully everything is just about as normal!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andy said:

Back online. Please let me know if you encounter any problems. It has taken several hours of coding to get us back this time so hopefully everything is just about as normal!

Working for me thanks .

1 hour ago, walterderwent said:

Choice between sticking 50p in the meter, or a packet of Doritoes......food won! :D:D 

Have you forgotten to take your worming pills again David?;D;D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone noticed its absence but updates were issued through other forms of social media although if you don't follow those then you will not get to hear or see them.

It is a problem that we are acutely aware of and we understand the frustration that is felt by all but unfortunately we are at the mercy of the service providers. Rest assured that we have taken our frustrations forward and soon as we get a resolution then we will be the first ones to breathe a sigh of relief.

It is not necessary to remind us that it is having reliability issues every time, we already know.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, robbo said:

Everyone noticed its absence but updates were issued through other forms of social media although if you don't follow those then you will not get to hear or see them.

It is a problem that we are acutely aware of and we understand the frustration that is felt by all but unfortunately we are at the mercy of the service providers. Rest assured that we have taken our frustrations forward and soon as we get a resolution then we will be the first ones to breathe a sigh of relief.

It is not necessary to remind us that it is having reliability issues every time, we already know.

Does FTF have twitter or Facebook if so what's the handle? or what other forms of social media are used? 

25 minutes ago, whincebros said:

Does FTF have twitter or Facebook if so what's the handle? or what other forms of social media are used? 

on facebook search for   us as     =.         the farm toys forum

no idea what the twitter one is as i dont use it , is to fandangly modern for me  :-[:-[

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robbo said:

There are pages on Facebook and Twitter for both FTF and Model Farmer

I know those pages on Facebook exist and I look in them if I can't get on the forum. But last weekend until 10 PM yesterday there where no messages at all on Facebook about the problem. 

I personally woul really appreciate it if there was a message on Facebook if there is a problem with the forum

• Like 1

• Gav836 locked this topic

This forum is for the the purpose of open, un-biased discussion on many subjects. If you log on and the message appears "cannot connect to server" then this means that the forum is down due to tech issues. All you have to do is look in from time to time to see if it's back on. The all is well topic is still on the forum, but has been hidden for now as it seems a couple of members, one especially, thinks  it is okay to constantly stir the pot. We respect feedback, but we have no control over tech problems, that's Andys department. You get Trolls all over the Internet, and this forum seems to have a few, quick to slag of everything but if you meet them face to face at a show they woudnt let you know who they were so you could have it out with them. People are genuinely going away from this forum due to people's constant moaning and criticism of the forum,hobby and models. One member on here was a pleased as punch to get a u/h ford 7610, only to be virtually told it's a pile of crap. Yes, we all know that certain model releases are wrong sometimes, but there are models manufacturers topics to point this out when the model comes out, not when an individual has bought one.How must it make this person feel? This post isn't just my views I can assure you, all of the moderators agree with me on these points. We as moderators don't own or run the forum, we police it to make sure that things don't get out of hand. I know for the moment people reading this will want to reply, but for now you won't be able too, you will in due course. Troublemakers will be put on post approval if things don't get any better I can assure you.

• Like 7

There continues to be some reliability issues with the forum, which is of course regrettable, but rest assured if it does go down, even if there is no immediate update (as frankly, it may not always be possible to post an immediate response), it will be back.  

We're back online but there may be further issues whilst we now work to complete the restoration. Some images from early on (several years ago) are unfortunately lost. Please post in this topic if you find anything.

• Like 1

• Andy unlocked this topic

Well personally, I think that it was a conspiracy  of Luddites who are opposed to the worship of the tractor, bring back the horse and commune with nature is what I say. Well no, actually it isn't, I don't like horses very much, the damn things always seem to bite me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Your all wrong, it's the anti silage phantoms, their upset as to much silage talk and pictures:ph34r::ph34r:

Its you then, an admission of guilt if ever I saw one :):)

• Like 3